Thread: Need Limbsaver Pad Info

cajunfella

Need Limbsaver Pad Info

Does anyone know what part # Limbsaver recoil pad would fit on the factory stock of a Model 12 VLP DBM? Or will it require a grind to fit type pad?

Thanks,,,,,

Unless you have really long arms you're better off having the stock cut back and then install a grind fit one. I put a pre-fit on a 110 wood stock and it made the LOP too long for me. The one you need is probably the same as the 110.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Team Savage
    If you want an exact fit, then I recommend going with a small grind-to-fit. I have tried both the Limbsaver and Kick-Eez over the years. I use to go with Kick-Eez because they had more size selections, you could compare the buttstock to their online templates and they were easier to shape than a Limbsaver pad. But over time the Kick-eez pads did not hold up. They would start to crack and deform from the weight of the rifle setting on my gun rack. I have had good luck with the small Pachmyer Decelerator's grind to fit. They are easy to shape with a dremel wheel and sand paper and hold up over time. The top and sides will be almost a perfect fit. You will have to shape the toe. The following picture shows a small Pachmyer Decelerator I used to replace a Kick-Eez pad.

If you do decide to go with the Kickeez, store it muzzle down! A couple of months sitting on the pad will squish it... Never to return to original shape! Don't ask me how I know..

Not sure about the limbsaver, but the Pachmyer's are great... Take you time and you will have good looking and functional pad.

My Limbsaver pads have held up to standing on the butt just fine, and one's probably 6-7 years old now. One key tip to installing a Limbsaver pad is to freeze it before trying to sand it down to fit. It's soft enough that it will rip/tear when you try to grind it down if you don't.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

coyote268
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    My Limbsaver pads have held up to standing on the butt just fine, and one's probably 6-7 years old now. One key tip to installing a Limbsaver pad is to freeze it before trying to sand it down to fit. It's soft enough that it will rip/tear when you try to grind it down if you don't.
    Give Marcie Rhoton at Limbsaver a CALL, 1-877-257-2761, she will help you out. I have Limbsavers on all my firearms.
    Dan

I have a limbsaver on a tc encore and it sat in my carpeted safe and melted into the carpet and now it looks like heck.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!