Thread: Stockade stocks

tacticalj

Stockade stocks

Anybody else waiting on a stock from Kevin? I've been waiting over a year! I need this and there isn't really any other options for the J action.
    Thanks

Boyds used to have some offerings for the 4.52" actions. I have not looked for them in a while, but it may be worth a look if a laminate will fit the bill.

I thought I heard on here someplace that Kevin had some kind of health issue and that is why Stockade is so far behind as he is playing catch up.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

He is playing catch up big time. In fact just spoke with him today as he is building a rifle for me. Hopefully be done some time soon. From what I hear, it may take a while, but he does a good job.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

I just talked to him yesterday and said ill have both mine next month

Quote Originally Posted by calib View Post
    I just talked to him yesterday and said ill have both mine next month
    I heard that from him every month for 14 months before I got my rifle from him lol. Great guy and great work, but if time is of the essence use someone else. With him it's best to order and forget.

Has anyone has to inlet one of these after it has left the factory? I am now debating on a possible dbm for my 260 ai if i can not find my magazine box and follower for the stevens

Basic Member
    Everything he's done for me has been top notch- absolutely no complaints on lead time or quality of work- sorry to hear he had some problems crop up but I've been 100% satisfied with Stockade.

Basic Member
    I've been waiting on a stock also. Ordered February 17th or so of 2013. He informed me that one of his stock builders passed away and that caused problems. I understand things happen, but in my opinion a good company has to be ready for anything, even if it means training new help or hiring on a few helpers. I'm very disappointed to think that I wanted a stock around July and I'm still waiting. I am assured that this stock will be of the best quality and it does not cost a lot at all. But, to be told that I should have the stock 1 year after placing the order, to see that another month and some change has gone by drives me crazy. I would steer anyone away from Stockade who wasn't ready to wait 14+ months at this time. Hopefully he catches up. I hope he's being fair with new orders, giving a realistic date, not one that is false, like it seems he's been doing to me since I've been calling him about when my stock will get here.

Savage6x284
    IMO Kevin is a slick talking salesman and nothing more.
    I've had a stock of his and it was mediocre. Comparing it and several McMillans I have it is very evident which is the superior product. The McMillan hands down. The last straw with Kevin was when he went on and on (like Kevin does) about how his stocks were superior to McMillan. He had the nerve to flat out call them junk. I hung up at that point.
    I still have one of his bolt handles which I find to be the best ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bower4311 View Post
    I've been waiting on a stock also. Ordered February 17th or so of 2013. He informed me that one of his stock builders passed away and that caused problems. I understand things happen, but in my opinion a good company has to be ready for anything, even if it means training new help or hiring on a few helpers. I'm very disappointed to think that I wanted a stock around July and I'm still waiting. I am assured that this stock will be of the best quality and it does not cost a lot at all. But, to be told that I should have the stock 1 year after placing the order, to see that another month and some change has gone by drives me crazy. I would steer anyone away from Stockade who wasn't ready to wait 14+ months at this time. Hopefully he catches up. I hope he's being fair with new orders, giving a realistic date, not one that is false, like it seems he's been doing to me since I've been calling him about when my stock will get here.
    when did you hear this info?

anyone talk to kevin lately?

Basic Member
    when did you hear this info?

I talked to him. You can call stockade stocks. He will usually answer.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage6x284 View Post
    IMO Kevin is a slick talking salesman and nothing more.
    I've had a stock of his and it was mediocre. Comparing it and several McMillans I have it is very evident which is the superior product. The McMillan hands down. The last straw with Kevin was when he went on and on (like Kevin does) about how his stocks were superior to McMillan. He had the nerve to flat out call them junk. I hung up at that point.
    I still have one of his bolt handles which I find to be the best ones out there.
    You would be right about it being wrong for calling McMillan junk, but it's absurd to compare a product of less than half the cost. Yes it is wrong of him to say his are a better stock. They're a better value, but not a better stock. There is no way a McMillan is twice as good, better, sure.
    Last edited by bower4311; 05-06-2014 at 12:20 AM.

anyone talk to kevin lately?
    Yes I did, on Thursday. We discussed my rifle I had him build, that just showed up. He did say that he will have some help coming shortly, to help him get caught up. Calib, when did you order the stock? I talked to him about one, and he said a minimum of 24 weeks.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 87predator View Post
    Yes I did, on Thursday. We discussed my rifle I had him build, that just showed up. He did say that he will have some help coming shortly, to help him get caught up. Calib, when did you order the stock? I talked to him about one, and he said a minimum of 24 weeks.
    I'm at week 62 for my stock...

i talked to janet yesterday and was told they just got some parts in that they had run out of and mine was in the next batch to come out i ordered 1st of sept, so 32 weeks

if i had not of already pain i would buy something else, was needing this gun for a shoot that was this saturday, biggest and best one i have put on yet

Basic Member
    Wow! Kevin sure has become popular, I bought a benchrest stock from him 3 or 4 years ago, all went as planned, I bedded it and it make no difference accuracy wise weather I shoot it in that stock or my Mc Millan both are pillared and bedded. Some stock are over rated some under rated but all stock other than plastic are good stocks once bedded and pillar, I took a under $200 stock from Stockys Bobby Hart Long Range Laminate, with a little fitting and pillar bed it same action and barrel as used in other no difference

good to hear frank, I am sure these stocks are good, i have heard about them many times and read about them. i will be comparing to bell and carlson, manners and they both shoot real well.

i have bought 2 stocks from him. the rough finish versions. each took about 8 months. If you can wait; they are nice. My last savage came with the h.s. precision. I am going to stick with the factory stock.