Hey all- been "working out" my new 93R17 TR. It's a real "shooter" and though I've got some pics, they haven't made their way into Photobucket yet. Soon I hope.

Even better- it seems to like everything I've put through it. Winchester, Hornady and Federal so far. Seems to like the Winchester best, as did my previous .17 HMR- a Marlin. BUT, using the Winchester "Supreme" last outing (Tuesday), I had 5 fail-to-fires in a 50 round box. So far there is less than 100 rounds down the tube. Broke in the barrel using a mix of ammo. first outing, and this second time only brought the Winchester. In all five instances, when I reloaded and "indexed" the round in the mag., they fired second time. In all cases, the "hits" on the rim seems the same- comparing the "first-round-fails" to the second hit on the case rim, and also the rounds that fired 1st time no problem.

So I'd guess that it's an ammo. problem as opposed to a gun / bolt/ firing pin problem?

So far at 50 yards, groups are in the high .3xxx" range- adjusted center to center.

One other question- I want to post pics of my new baby, as well as pics of the experiment I'm doing with the .22LR ammo. Is there any problem posting such pics on this forum, or are the Mods encouraging us to post pics in the "Pic" forum/area?

Thanks for any input!

Brian