Thread: 111 trophy hunter xp package

Tjudeburton

111 trophy hunter xp package

Hey everyone. I just bought a 111 trophy hunter xp in 7mm rem. haven't shot it yet, but it seems like a exceptional rifle. I've already torn it down and ordered a new stock, lighter accu-trigger spring, now scope rail and mounts... My question is about the scope. It came with a Nikon BDC. I've heard great things about these scopes. However I know companies will make cheaper versions for package deals. Is this just a generic Nikon with the BDC reticle thrown on, or truly a decent scope???

Basic Member
    Everything I've read is this is not the retail version of the scope but some have good luck with then

I have two of them. One on a 111 30-06 and just purchased a 11 in 7mm08. From what I can tell, they are a Pro Staff without the markings.

They have held up great, and track right on the money. I have no plans on changing them.

Mr. Bill

Tjudeburton
    Thanks for the input. I know sometimes the lower end scopes can't handle the recoil of a mag caliber. Since the scope had no marking on it, I didn't know what to think.

Tjudeburton
    Have you upgraded your rifles at all or are they all stock from the store?

Quote Originally Posted by Tjudeburton View Post
    Have you upgraded your rifles at all or are they all stock from the store?
    Pretty much stock... Swapped out the bolt handle for the large version, got rid of the junk rings and replaced them with Burris Signature Z rings and popped the 111 into a Boyds stock. The three deer in the freezer sure didn't like it..

The Mod #11 has yet to get to the range. I will order a Boyds stock for it after I confirm that it's a shooter. I did swap out the rings and have a bolt handle ready to go on.

Other than that... Dropped the Accutrigger down to 2.75 on both and was good to go.

Tjudeburton
    Does the 111 shoot a good group? I haven't shot mine yet either. My boyds stock gets here tomorrow so I'm going to piece it all back together and take it to the range Saturday.

Basic Member
    I had alot of issues with my 111 in 300 win mag but ended up being all in the rail and rings. Got a good piece steel rail and a good set of rings then lapped the rings and it drives tacks now.

Tjudeburton
    Yeah, even if i keep the scope, I'm a changing the rail and mounts!