Thread: DBM Compatible Aftermarket Stock

TT3270WSM

DBM Compatible Aftermarket Stock

Are there ANY stock makers out there that manufacture aftermarket stocks for savages that have a DBM?

Or am I stuck with modifying an internal box mag to DBM?

From what I've seen so far, from most of the aftermarket stock makers that I've researched, it looks like a modification is in order.

I have a 111FCNS in 25-06 on order, to eventually re-barrel to 6mm AI (using long action because of intended bullet length) and I'd really like to maintain the DBM.

All comments/recommendations welcome!

Thanks

Re: DBM Compatible Aftermarket Stock

Would think that any stock maker could or would make a stock for you, just call and ASK THEM.

SSS (laminate), Stockade (synthetic), McMillan (synthetic), HS-Precision (synthetic) to name a few, and I'm sure there are others.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

TT3270WSM

Thanks for the info guys! I was in touch with SSS yesterday, they will ship to Canada, so it looks like I'm going with an LVT laminate with the adjustable comb and butt hook in blue/black.

Boba Debt

I guess you missed this thread: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,30433.0.html

I looked at the LV but perfer synthetic to wood so kept looking until I found the Choate

TT3270WSM

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Debt
    I guess you missed this thread: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,30433.0.html

I looked at the LV but perfer synthetic to wood so kept looking until I found the Choate
    Thanks for the input Boba.....I did initially come across the choate, but didn't like the look of the stock. Don't get me wrong, I like synthetics as much as the next guy, but I'm a sucker for a nice laminate, I bought my 10/22 because of the Jacaranda laminate it was sporting, wasn't even looking to guy a gun that day. From the first time I set eyes on the LVT from SSS (especially the black/blue/black) I just had to have it.....so I ordered one today ;D

It should be ready in about 8 weeks....I'm in no hurry to get it as my SS select match barrel from Shilen is about 16 weeks out. I can tell you that like you, I am very anxious to get both the stock and the rest of my parts from SSS. 8)