Here's the Spec Sheet!

Savage RBLP Target action (Thanks Jim Briggs NSS)

Shillen Match Select SS 1-8 twist, Ratchet Rifled Blank

Richards Microfit Black Widow Laminate blank

JB Custom Weaponry Knurled bolt handle

Vortex Viper 6.5 - 20 X 50mm Scope with target dot reticle

Ken Farrell 20 MOA base with Burris Zee rings (Thanks Fred Moreo SSS)

I started by inspecting the locking lugs for engagement, which there was, but I lapped them in a bit anyway. Then I set to cambering the barrel, I bought a Manson 244 Rem Improved 40 degree shoulder reamer, and kudos to Manson on making a very nice reamer! After my test firing and brass inspecting I set to contouring the barrel blank, I did a twin taper to finish the barrel after crowning at 31 1/2" and .750" at the muzzle. The crown I put on is very similar to Remington's (yeah I know) Recessed Target crown, it offers great protection from dings and looks good too. After polishing a bit I set to inletting the Laminate blank. . . . three days and 6 lbs of red sawdust later I have something resembling a real long range stock similar to Fred's Heavy BR stock, with my own feel thrown in. Now the stock is sanded, to be sprayed this weekend, and I cannot wait to get after some groundhogs!! Savages really are a lot of fun to build and I thought I would share this build with y'all.
Now I think I will get out my components and warm up the reloading press. . .. Pictures will be soon to follow . .. . now where did I put those Berger VLD's??? . .. . . .

Any questions about this build just ask!