Thread: Making your own 'shoot + see' targers (sorry BC)

n4ue

Making your own 'shoot + see' targers (sorry BC)

OK, this may not be a 'big' money saver, but I am retired and might have too much time on my hands.........ha ha

First, a friend gave me a big roll of flor. green contact paper. I cut some pieces and sprayed them with some Krylon Semi-Flat black. Worked great.

Next, I was at a Michaels craft store and bought a couple of sheets of 'construction paper' in both Flor. green and hot pink. I sprayed them with Krylon Clear. After drying, I resprayed them with Semi-Flat black. These worked great as well.

I do this because I shoot a lot at our private range. My boss can afford to buy the Birchwood Casey targets in bulk, but I like to tinker..... Yeah, he buys the paint too....

FWIW.......

ron

Basic Member
    Sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try it.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    OK, this may not be a 'big' money saver, but I am retired and might have too much time on my hands.........ha ha

First, a friend gave me a big roll of flor. green contact paper. I cut some pieces and sprayed them with some Krylon Semi-Flat black. Worked great.

Next, I was at a Michaels craft store and bought a couple of sheets of 'construction paper' in both Flor. green and hot pink. I sprayed them with Krylon Clear. After drying, I resprayed them with Semi-Flat black. These worked great as well.

I do this because I shoot a lot at our private range. My boss can afford to buy the Birchwood Casey targets in bulk, but I like to tinker..... Yeah, he buys the paint too....

FWIW.......

ron
    post some pics pls of a used target :-)
    newbie from gr, mi.