Thread: Couldn't wait any longer

Couldn't wait any longer

I was bored stuck inside watchin it rain all day, so I loaded up some 6.5 Creedmoor rounds in anticipation of getting my action back from SSS to complete the build. This has been a year plus long project as some mishaps with vendors have delayed the build an extra 6+ months. I am not going to go into details as the two vendor that had mishaps both had great customer service and fixed the problems no questioned asked. I have the barrel and OAL gauge so I loaded rounds that will be from .030" to .005" off the lands to start barrel break in and load development. I am loading the Berger 140gr Hybrids. This picture is of a round that will be .005" off the lands sitting next to a 223 55gr FMJ and the second pic shows the base of the bullet is slightly above the shoulder/body junction. I asked Pac-Nor to throat it long and I guessed they listened. I don't know the exact free bore, but OAL it is 2.232" to the lands and COL is 2.917" when just kissing the lands. I don't know when I will get my action back from SSS, but when I do, I will put everything together and do a full write up on the rifle and build list.

Very nice!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways