Thread: SSS Comp trigger installation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

SSS Comp trigger installation

I am trying to install SSS Competition trigger and having trouble...

I have installed 3 screw and Rifle Basix triggers without any trouble, so I understand the basics of how they work. However, when installing the SSS trigger, I cannot get the safety to slide all the way back. It appears to me there are teeth in the back and bottom of the trigger assembly that settle in behind the safety slide preventing it from sliding all the way back to "safe". Thinking I had installed it too deep, I tried again, rotating it so the teeth were not positioned down and behind the slide. In that position I cannot screw the safety screw deep enough to even touch the slide, so that was not right either.

The instructions say sometimes the pivot screw is tightened too much so that the housing squeezes the slide, preventing from it moving, but that is not the problem b/c when the assembly is pushed all the way down the way I first had it, even without the pivot screw installed, the safety will not slide all the way back b/c those teeth are blocking it.

I am tempted to grind those teeth off the assembly, but I won't do that without talking to Fred first.

What am I doing wrong?

Note: I was saying "down", and "installing too deep" because the rifle is inverted during installation. Actually, when the rifle is held upright, in shooting position, the teeth would be, as best as I can tell, to high into the housing.
    Last edited by foxx; 03-09-2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: trying to clerify "deep"