Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Pa Savage Shoot(May 10th)(POSTPONED)

Someone just remember to take plenty of photo's this year as nobody remembered to last year. Maybe Ed can be the official event photographer since he isn't planning on shooting much. I know everyone enjoys seeing them and it would be nice to have a new batch to post up on the Facebook page.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage

Possible Rain Date for the Event?

Hi pdog, I was looking at the weather forecast this morning and saw there might be some chance of rain next week.
    I know it is very likely that will change, but I haven't seen or heard anything about a possible Rain Date for the event.
    Is there an alternate plan in case of weather?

Just curious,

Bruce (HalfTrack)

DennisPA
    The paper targets I have are 42" x 42". Is there anyway to hang them out at the the longer ranges? I can make something but I'm just wondering if there is anything out there. Thanks

There should be backer boards out there at most of the distances, but I would probably make a couple stands for them if possible.

Halftrack, the alternate plan if it rains is............stay home.

I did not book a rain date because their schedule was pretty much filled up for this time of year. If it rains out then I will set a later date at that time. Probably in the late summer-early fall.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    There should be backer boards out there at most of the distances, but I would probably make a couple stands for them if possible.

Halftrack, the alternate plan if it rains is............stay home.

I did not book a rain date because their schedule was pretty much filled up for this time of year. If it rains out then I will set a later date at that time. Probably in the late summer-early fall.
    I would be fine shooting in the rain. The winter benchrest comp. I do is rain, snow or shine... lol But The best thing is for you pdog06 to call it on Friday night...
    Its going to be a fun filled day!!!

DennisPA
    I agree I'm not worried about the weather. I was planing on bringing my canopy. If it rains that hard I'll just shoot steel.
    That brings up a question how are we getting steel and stuff out on the range? Is anyone local bringing a truck or anything. I can bring my truck but at over an hour away I would prefer to bring my car.

fordwannabe
    I will be bringing my truck and I'm a whole lot further than an hour away. My bet is Doug will be bringing his truck and Mike's official driver will probably be in a truck, so no worries about that.

Basic Member
    Aren't the benches under a roof ?? Looking at the pics on their website.

Yes Dave, it's covered. pretty nice setup really.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Basic Member
    The problem is right know its 70% chance of rain for Sat. And with rain comes the fog!
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

OK guys. I have updated the attendee list in the first post.

As far as Im concerned anyone on that list is in.

If I have a "guest" written next to your name, that means you have agreed to share your bench with them.

*There will be some that do not stay all day, at which time the rest of us can spread out some if needbe( I may be out of
    bullets and spectating by then...lol).

*There will also be some that don't shoot that much but have an assigned bench, so we may be able to leapfrog over to
    another bench for a bit as well.

If anyone on the list realizes they cannot make it please let me know so I can update the list, and adjust the pairings or add someone if needbe.

Thanks,

pdog
    Pdog, please remove my name and open up my spot. I am not comfortable bringing my rifles back and leaving them in the hotel in downtown Baltimore after the shoot.
    Sorry for the late cancellation.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Well, I Do Not Blame You For That. You Are More Tha. Welcome To Still Come Up If You Like Just To Hang Out. We Would Get You Pulling The Trigger On Something Im sure

About The Weather, One Thing To Remember Is That Alot Of Us Are Traveling 3 To 4 Hours To Get There And Would Hate To Have To Turn Around And Come Back Home Cause Of The Weather.

Also, Remember The Path Up To ThE Targets Is All Dirt So Im Not Sure It Will Be Passable If Its Raining.

I Will Be Calling ThE Rangemaster In An Hour Or So To Get His Feel On It, Both On The Travel Path And The Fog And Rain.
    I Will Post Back Whats Going On After I Speak With Him.

I Know Some Arent Worried About Weather, But I Think Alot Of folks Will Not come If It Is Gonna Rain All Day.

Basic Member
    About The Weather, One Thing To Remember Is That Alot Of Us Are Traveling 3 To 4 Hours To Get There And Would Hate To Have To Turn Around And Come Back Home Cause Of The Weather.

Also, Remember The Path Up To ThE Targets Is All Dirt So Im Not Sure It Will Be Passable If Its Raining.

I Will Be Calling ThE Rangemaster In An Hour Or So To Get His Feel On It, Both On The Travel Path And The Fog And Rain.
    I Will Post Back Whats Going On After I Speak With Him.

I Know Some Arent Worried About Weather, But I Think Alot Of folks Will Not come If It Is Gonna Rain All Day.
    All good points Mike.. I for one don't want to drive 3 hrs and not be able to see past 300 yards.. But hey if that's the case we could all go to a dinner and catch up....
    Thank you again for taking your time and setting this all up.. Pete

Basic Member
    I hope the weather turns out OK. You all will have a great time if you go. But, if it is called off, I sure hope to make it to the late summer-fall shoot.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ~ George Washington

Basic Member
    Ok I wasn't sure if the "cancelled if it rains" was sarcasm or for real.

Basic Member
    Rifle's are clean, bags packed, getting out of work at 9pm on Friday night.... Hope the weather hold's...

Basic Member
    Weather's still calling for rain and thunderstorms.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Well, I Do Not Blame You For That. You Are More Tha. Welcome To Still Come Up If You Like Just To Hang Out. We Would Get You Pulling The Trigger On Something Im sure
    Thanks, but I already switched out my southwest tickets. I love that area, the girls and I drove through in April during spring break.

Hopefully weather will co-operate for the event.
    Last edited by Stockrex; 05-08-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    newbie from gr, mi.

I hate to do this BUT i will not make it to the shootout as the Wife is having dental surgery Friday afternoon and a follow up on Saturday so looks like i will not make it this year.
    Hope it doesn't rain and every one has a great time.

I'm coming regardless. The 25-06 BVSS is in the truck. Thats all I'm bringing this time. I sure hope someones there when I get there...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Basic Member
    Any Word Mike? Maybe we should find out how many guys want to go Rain or shine? Im with Ed, but cant pay half the range fee's if it's just me and Ed?lol- Weather say's 60% Of t-storms. But drops down to 40% in the afternoon... Do we still have to pay for the range even if we don't go?
    Pete

The Shoot Has Been Postponed!

I Will Discuss The Schedule With The RanGe And Look For A New Date Later In The Year, Like Late August Or Early September.

A Couple Of The Reasons We Chose To Do ThIs:

A)I Have Been Contacting Various People Whom I Had Numbers For And Have atleast 10-12 People Who Arent Coming, Plus Those Who Have Already Posted.

B) The Trail Up To The Various Distances Is A Dirt Trail, Which Will Be Mud When It Rains And May Limit Us To Walking Up There.

C) If its Raining The paper targets Wont Be Worth A Crap And Would Limit Us To Steel, And theres Not Enough Steel For Everyone To Be Shooting At The Same time.

D) Fog Coming Down ThE Mountain Side Can Be An Issue, Which Could Limit Our Shooting Distances. This Is A Problem Since Most Want To Shoot ThE 1000Yd Range.

E) We Do Not Owe The Money If We Cancelled By Noon Today, So I Did That this Morning.The Rangemasters Are Very Nice And Understanding People. Actually, They Werent Even Gonna Be There Tomorrow And Gave Me The Gate Combo To help Ourselves. That Is A Positive thing For Our Future Shoots That We Already Have That Trust.

I Would Much Rather Have Everyone Be Able To Enjoy Thereselves On A Nice Day, Than Worry About Dodging Weather All Day. While This May Not Be An Issue For Some, Most Dont Wanna Drive 3-4Hrs And Spend 80-100 In Gas Or Diesel Fuel And Not Get A Good Days Shooting.

If For Some Reason You Are One That Still Wants To Go, Pm Me And I Will Give You The Rangemasters Number To See If You Can Get A Visitors Pass For The Day.

I Will Keep Everyone Posted On A New Date.

pdog

Basic Member
    Sounds good Mike... Hope to see all in the fall....

DennisPA
    Sounds good Mike. Thanks for making the call. Hopefully see you all in the fall.
    Last edited by DennisPA; 05-09-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: sp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast