Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Pa Savage Shoot(May 10th)(POSTPONED)

fordwannabe

I am sorry to hear that Vince, I look forward to seeing you each year.

Basic Member
    Yes, If I can pull it off, I will drive down just to hangout, hate missing the fun time with you all. Hope you have great weather and are all happy with how your rigs perform. Maybe you should take some watermelons or grapefruits or something that you can see get hit at 1K this year? That would be fun.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ~ George Washington

Basic Member
    I went to the gun shop yesterday and a 7mm wsm flat back large shank went home with me. I will shoot it at the event, But it might be for sale.... Just saying!!

Basic Member
    That is a good caliber for 1K. Must be a sporter and Large Shank I would imagine.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ~ George Washington

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorBird View Post
    That is a good caliber for 1K. Must be a sporter and Large Shank I would imagine.
    Yep, 24inch sporter large shank. Don't know if will shoot it to 1k. it has a 3x9 scope on it...

we can put a scope on it real quick......LOL..... Just Saying!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    we can put a scope on it real quick......LOL..... Just Saying!
    Well alright than!! Can one of you let me use a scope? I will bring a bore sighter. Might need rings too..
    Thanks Mike...., Pete

ranjan1
    Hey Pete, I have a Vortex 6.5x 20x 44 with rings I think if you want me to bring it along. Let me know

Randy
    Last edited by ranjan1; 03-22-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Brand

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjan1 View Post
    Hey Pete, I have a Vortex 6.5x 20x 44 with rings I think if you want me to bring it along. Let me know

Randy
    Thank you Randy, Yes if can bring it that will be great.. Im not sure if am keeping the rifle so I don't want to buy stuff for it yet...

Basic Member
    I'm in if there's a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadave View Post
    I'm in if there's a spot.
    Got Ya On The list

Basic Member
    You Rock !!

looks like theres room for everyone so far...... sweet. We will just have to double up members on quite a few of the benches.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    looks like theres room for everyone so far...... sweet. We will just have to double up members on quite a few of the benches.
    ? there are 16 benches and so fare 12 members? We need to double up at this point?

If you remember, last year we were supposed to have about 25 people show up and ended up with only 15 or so. We had a lot of people slotted to share a bench initially, but ended up not needing to.

For this year there are 22 people wanting to come. The guests that are listed have also been guests at previous years shoots and will share a bench as well.

This is a great place to shoot but it does have a downfall, the limited number of benches.

If anyone has a better idea let me know.
    ~Clint Eastwood

DennisPA
    Please put me and if possiable my wife on the waiting list since we didn't make it last year.

As for the limited benches maybe break the sign up into an AM and PM squad and maybe a left and right bench.

For example my wife and I would only be able to make it up first thing in the morning and maybe stay till about lunch since we will need to get child care to do this. Also this will be great pratice for Ridgway VBR shoot so our first choice for a bench would be the left 1k side.

As a bribe I have alot of 1k paper targets that I can bring one free for each member and guest to have.

Basic Member
    My take is this, If you have a Guest, you will double up with that guest. I was able to shoot at 1000 from the right side so I don't think getting the left or right side is an issue. If we all have to double up maybe make a 45 min time limit. Then give everyone 15min to get off the bench and reset for the next person. Then give that person 45 min, and so on. If someone on the right side wants to shot the left side maybe after two 45min rounds we give people from the right side two rounds from the left... For the 1000 yard one shot shoot, we pick a bench and set up one rest. each person will bring there rifle to that bench and take there shot..

Ackevor
    Can you shoot from the ground? I make shooting mats and I prefer shooting the way I do in the field. I would be fine with being just off to the side and going prone all day long :)

no...
    ~Clint Eastwood

Team Savage
    I completely agree with Pete on the sharing concept. That almost always works out very well and everyone gets their time to make some major noise.
    I will gladly share a bench with anyone needing it. I don't have a guest but will do it no problem.
    Looking forward to the event.
    Thanks Guys,
    HalfTrack

OK guys. I have updated the attendee list in the first post.

As far as Im concerned anyone on that list is in.

If I have a "guest" written next to your name, that means you have agreed to share your bench with them.

*There will be some that do not stay all day, at which time the rest of us can spread out some if needbe( I may be out of
    bullets and spectating by then...lol).

*There will also be some that don't shoot that much but have an assigned bench, so we may be able to leapfrog over to
    another bench for a bit as well.

If anyone on the list realizes they cannot make it please let me know so I can update the list, and adjust the pairings or add someone if needbe.

Thanks,

pdog
    ~Clint Eastwood

I've no problem sharing. I'm probably not going to shoot a whole heck of a lot anyway.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

I'll share BUT need right side of the bench as going to shoot my 300 BLK for one of three rifles.

Basic Member
    That's a good point.......anyone know our ratio of RH to LH shooters ??

I'm LH too, I shoot from the right side of the bench.

I think i made a mistake as i am right handed so need LEFT SIDE of bench my-bad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast