Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2014 Pa Savage Shoot(May 10th)(POSTPONED)

Basic Member

Sounds good. Fall it is.

Thanks for your work on this.

Basic Member
    Sounds like a good and safe call. I hope to be there if in Sept, not sure I can do August.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ~ George Washington

Basic Member
    May was too early to leave Florida anyway lol. Aug. Sept sounds better as i'll be in that area by then anyway.
    I'll be bringing my own bench, maybe several of them.

thomae
    Well, the six of us who didn't get the word had a great time, good company and perfect weather (until about 1300 when the rain finally DID start). Pictures will be forthcoming!

For what it's worth, when you edit a post, it does not show up as a NEW or UNREAD post if the user has already marked it read.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't know it was canceled

Well thomae, for what its worth, don't blame you and the others not knowing on me! I only edited the original posts title so that it showed that it was postponed. If you were looking for unread or new posts then you should've seen the NEW post that I posted, saying it was postponed!!!!!! If you marked it as read then that is not my fault. All I can do is make the best decision possible based on the info I got from the members who were supposed to be coming. When I realized over 2/3 of the group was not coming I chose to try re-scheduling it.

I cannot help it that some didn't think to look thru the recent posts the day before the shoot, knowing there was a strong chance of rain and thunderstorms. I posted the new post very early in the day, so there was plenty of time for everyone to find it.

If there is a better way to do it then maybe someone else would like to be the one to set up the shoots from now on.

I hope the 6 of you took a collection to pay the $200 then. If not then one of you need to make sure that happens. PM me and I will give you the contact info. We do not want to ruin our future for shoots there, and once they find out some of us still showed up they will be wanting to know where their fee is.

Who were the 6 that didn't check the site and still showed up?
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Edgar260lrp
    My first shoot today it was a beautiful day out got alot of shooting in......even hit the 800yd target with the .22 mag and a little kentucky windage!!!!! Was a fun day and got to meet some good people! I cant wait to go again!!!
    Last edited by Edgar260lrp; 05-11-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    Well thomae, for what its worth, don't blame you and the others not knowing on me! I only edited the original posts title so that it showed that it was postponed. If you were looking for unread or new posts then you should've seen the NEW post that I posted, saying it was postponed!!!!!! If you marked it as read then that is not my fault. All I can do is make the best decision possible based on the info I got from the members who were supposed to be coming. When I realized over 2/3 of the group was not coming I chose to try re-scheduling it.

I cannot help it that some didn't think to look thru the recent posts the day before the shoot, knowing there was a strong chance of rain and thunderstorms. I posted the new post very early in the day, so there was plenty of time for everyone to find it.

If there is a better way to do it then maybe someone else would like to be the one to set up the shoots from now on.

I hope the 6 of you took a collection to pay the $200 then. If not then one of you need to make sure that happens. PM me and I will give you the contact info. We do not want to ruin our future for shoots there, and once they find out some of us still showed up they will be wanting to know where their fee is.

Who were the 6 that didn't check the site and still showed up?
    You did the right thing Mike, You cant make people READ!!!

ranjan1
    The call was made in plenty of time to be seen. I have NO problem the way this was handeled.. Good call Mike

Edgar260lrp
    Now I am new to the forum and after reading through quite a few posts I was just wondering do they always turn into arguments? I was just curious?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar260lrp View Post
    Now I am new to the forum and after reading through quite a few posts I was just wondering do they always turn into arguments? I was just curious?
    No!!! Not usually, There was plenty of discussion about the weather and I for one made the call not to go based on the forecast. I figured if I decided not to go the weather would be nice. Don't worry about it Mike you made the right call in plenty of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

DennisPA
    I'm in agreement with everyone else Mike you did a great job stepping up and making the call and keeping us informed along the way.
    Edgar I have only been a member at this forum for a short time also and I can say that no they do not always turn into arguments. Everyone I have dealt with has been upstanding. This was just a situation where people myself included had time and money invested getting ready for this event and we were all looking forward to it. But the weather was just not cooperating.

Basic Member
    The bottom line is On May 5th there was a comment asking about weather and what we will do if it rain's. That was comment 52. On comment 73 Pdog called the shoot. That was 21 comment's after post 52. Most of the 21comment's had to do with weather... Maybe Mike could of made a new post, but with 21 comment's dealing with the weather would the "Savage Six" have seen or even taken the time to read it? We will never know...Im glad you guy's had a good day and had a safe trip. Me, well I got stuff done around the house that made my Wife happy.... Edgar, welcome to our Family, the shoots are a lot of fun and hope to meet you at one soon....Let's move past this and look into the next shoot....

I for one think Mike has done a great job over the years of setting up and running our shoots. I do wish we could have more get togethers through the year, but with Mike's family and workload it would require others getting involved. I know I have been to all but 1 I think, and had a great time
    every time.

Basic Member
    I was 1 of the 6 and brought 3 others with me. I have learned a lesson about forums and cell phones. REFRESH THE PAGE. I looked several times and seen post 60 as the last post. And after Mike's response in post 54 " if it rains stay home" put me In a mindset of rain or shine were having the shoot and I never got anything to say different. Still my fault!!!! If 2/3 of the people that said they were coming canceled I would have canceled the event also. I talked to an ex president of the range and he said to start shooting, and he and another guy that showed up to shoot at the range with us shot. Nobody else showed up the whole time we where there.so we didnt stop anyone from using the range for the day unless they looked at the ranges website prior to the postponement and decided not to come
    we also contacted an ex board member that was there doing a hunters safety course and said not to worry about paying anything because an event was planned and canceled and we missed the info and showed up anyway. But I will get in contact with mike and the rangemaster and make sure everything is good.
    We drove 2 trucks 150 miles round trip and another member was there from NJ. So we ran with the info and blessings that we had at the time and stayed and shot.

Lets not argue over it. Its over and done we all made decisions and if the range wants $200 from us I will make sure its paid as to not mess things up for future shoots
    112,223,choate uv,nikon 6-18<br />lrpv,204,hs stock,sightron S3 6-24x50<br />12 target,McGowen 6mmbr,SSS hbr,Sightron S3 8-32<br />Mark II,22lr,thumbhole,Tasco 6-24x40<br />11 youth,243,Simmons 2.5-10x50<br />116fcss 30-06<br />12fv,204,VX-3 4.5-14x50

I couldn't make this shoot from the beginning, but I still subscribed to the thread under "thread tools." I get a notice of new posts sent to my email. I thought everyone did that so as to stay informed of the most pertinent topics. I hope to make the fall shoot and will surely get an email telling me of the schedule.
    Are you tax diversified?

I did not go because Mike got hold of me on the phone. But we did go camping at Poe valley state park. We had a decent weekend. I just got home. Horrific accident on I 78 left us jammed up for 5 hours. Almost ran out of gas pulling the camper. My wife literally jumped out of the truck and ran across a corn field to an old farm house. Lady there gave her about 1-1/2 gallons of gas. We dumped that in and she ran the can back. We finally got off the interstate at Exit 40 and of course the only gas station there was out of gas. So were biting our nails all the way to Kutztown another 3 or 4 miles to find gas. Finally found some in town and I swear I did not know I could put that much gas in that thing. That gallon and a half saved the day.
    so we had quite the adventure getting home.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Quote Originally Posted by EFBell View Post
    I did not go because Mike got hold of me on the phone. But we did go camping at Poe valley state park. We had a decent weekend. I just got home. Horrific accident on I 78 left us jammed up for 5 hours. Almost ran out of gas pulling the camper. My wife literally jumped out of the truck and ran across a corn field to an old farm house. Lady there gave her about 1-1/2 gallons of gas. We dumped that in and she ran the can back. We finally got off the interstate at Exit 40 and of course the only gas station there was out of gas. So were biting our nails all the way to Kutztown another 3 or 4 miles to find gas. Finally found some in town and I swear I did not know I could put that much gas in that thing. That gallon and a half saved the day.
    so we had quite the adventure getting home.
    What??? Did Cabelas get 22LR in stock or something??? Haha

Dude, I wish that was what it was. There were three dead people in those cars. Not really a laughing matter, but I'm sure you realize that.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Truthfully I jumped in late, and did not read all the past threads... But was on the rescue squad for a time and saw some gnarly stuff... Never a good situation...

Basic Member
    Will the range allow shooting at clay birds on the berms at various distances?
    Saves time setting up targets and hits are easy to spot. There still visable to shoot at even when broken.

Edgar260lrp
    There were other clays laying around the berms so i would guess that yes clays are ok but dont take my guess as a definate

Basic Member
    Wow Ed. That was some ordeal you all went through. Sick to think that a milla-second difference could make the difference between life and death on the road. Let me tell you that if you travel 81 down through Maryland into WV, especially near Martinsburg, it has been the scene of loads of deadly accidents.
    &quot;Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples&#39; liberty&#39;s teeth.&quot; ~ George Washington

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234