Thread: EGW 20 moa sighting question

PAPERKILLER

EGW 20 moa sighting question

I have just purchased a used receiver with a EGW 20 moa base installed on it. Looks like the guy did a good job of install; upgraded mounting screws to larger 8-40 screws (this was a magnum action before it was converted to .308 push feed). My question is after mounting my 6x20-44 weaver grand slam scope, will I have enough adjustment to sight in at 50 or 100 yards? I could by some Burris signature zee rings and then adjust them up by 10 moa to give me more latitude for short range work. I hear a lot of good things about these rings, but I don't like the slot screw mounting system. I would rather have a allen or torx screw arrangement. Any thought would be greatly appreciated as I'm mew to the whole canted base thing.

Mark, Paperkiller

KRP
    Honestly, no one can definitively answer that question without mounting the scope and testing. Current production Signature rings come with torx head screws for attachment to the base.

PAPERKILLER
    KRP, Thanks. I thought I saw another screw type on a web sight, but read several complaints about the slot screws.

The_Agent_
    I can't speak upon your exact set up but I've got a primary arms 4-14ffp on a 20moa base with tps rings and I'm able to zero at 100 with out any issues. I have roughly 13mils worth of adjustment till I'm bottomed out, so I could get away with 50yards as well