So with much help and long nights reading and studying and watching videos nice got my rifle and everything I need but the scope.
I have decided between the Bushnell Tactical Elite 3.5-21x50 G2DMR scope, and the Vortex viper PST 6-24x50 scope . I can't get the viper today for $800 out the door. It has zero stops, illumination and good glass.
The Bushnell is $1250-1400. It does not have illumination. Does have a great reticle and glass.
I know at these tactical matches I won't really use illumination but I'm not sure if the Bushnell is worth it when I get the whole package for $800. I'm not sure if I'll be wishing I had the extra features of the viper if I go with the Bushnell.
Keep in mind my original budget was $5-600. I doubled it almost for the viper at $950(now I can get it used for 800), then raised it again for the Bushnell lol. I'm willing to pull the trigger today And need to get one soon before this long range clinic in april. I just am not in a situation to spend any more then the Bushnell and I'm already at the mercy of my better half for her letting me spend more.
These are the options, help me decide based on features and cost please!
I know some of you wouldn't use either and would go with a NF or Schmidt but that's not going to happen for me so put yourself in my spot and let me know which what you would choose?
Again this is for long range tactical matches out to 1k yards and just fun long range shooting by myself.