Thread: heavy copper fouling in one groove.

blittle

heavy copper fouling in one groove.

I have a LRP, I have shot around 150 through it being concerned with its accuracy and the numerous posts about the issues with the rifle. I have started the cleaning process to help "break in the barrel" again because I saw a post saying that getting some jb down the tube really helped the accuracy, will it help who knows but I wanted to give it a try. I have removed the carbon and used sweets to do the grunt work. Then went to the jb bore past kroil and vfg pellets. Long story short after 100 strokes "there and back=1" I have one groove a sixtheens behind the crown that has a fat copper steak the width of the groove almost and about a 1/4" long. Any ideas?

Probably a rough spot in the bore.Try shooting it without worrying about it to see how it does.You could use tubbs final finish if it becomes an accuracy issue.Dab some sweets right on the spot and let it sit for 10 minutes and see if it comes off.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

blittle
    Thanks for the advice I will try swabing the groove with some sweets. Do you think it could be a issue with the machining quality?

Nemesis
    Or just send it to me and rid yourself of the hassle..lol. Friend of mine was suppose to pick up a 6.5 yesterday. Haven't talked to him yet though.

Choot it!! It's a Savage, not a Krieger. Don't sweat it. Probly not hurting a thing anyway. If I showed you how bad my FP copper fouls, you'd be nauseous. But it's 1/2 MOA out farther than I know how to shoot accurately. I finally quit worrying about cleaning it and I enjoy it much more now.