Thread: E. Arthur Brown Company scope bases?

Duff

E. Arthur Brown Company scope bases?

They look pretty darn solid but I've never heard of them before and it makes me kind of leary, anyone ever used them before? any other suggestions for a good solid weaver base for a 12fv?

link to the bases: http://www.eabco.com/Savage_Scope_Mount.htm

COplains
    I use the EGW bases, round and flat back. After having looked at those, thinking I may have to try one. As you said, look solid to me. kb

Duff
    i figure so. if worse comes to worse and the machining is rough nothing a bedding job and maybe a bit of sandpaper and paint can't take care of. worth a shot anyways. I've also used EGW rails on a couple projects and so far i really like them but i got a set of weaver rings for free and seems like EGW only has picatinny rails.

Duff
    just got mine in the mail. (can you say fast shipping??????) this thing is STOUT. most scope bases i can wrench on it a bit and make it bend just a hair. this thing aint no way thats going to happen. machining is perfect except for a very very Very small scratch and knick. honestly once its mounted up the scratch on the underside (where the feed port will be) won't be noticeable and the knick once mounted and even now is almost impossible to see. both are hardly noticeable and even if this was a $5000 custom rifle it would be enough to send back to make perfect. They're only really visible in the right light. The machining on the actual mounting surface is "rough" sort of a real shallow scope all the way across, possibly designed for something I'm not sure of but probably for better bedding adhesion if one were to bed the base. Very high quality stuff really happy with it but the true test comes when i get it on the rifle.

COplains
    Duff.....let me know when you have it mounted, a pic if can....need to order within a few days and those are designed for Warne rings which I don't have either. Thanks, kb

Basic Member
    I've bought scopes, mounts and firearms from EABrown, and they have always been top quality. I would not hesitate to buy anything from them.

Basic Member
    Are these left or right handed? Or just for right hand actions?

Duff
    They're cut for right handed. i wouldn't think mounting them on a left handed action would be a problem. might look a bit goofy. is the hole spacing different from front to back? I've never measured it but if the front and back are the same you might be able to flip it.