Thread: Stevens Marksman

jlhog

Stevens Marksman

Hello All,
    I have been dropping in here just looking around for a while. I figured I may as well register so here I am. Anyway I have an old Stevens Marksman .22 the needs an extractor. I have found one place that has it, but at about $50 it seems a little pricey. Does anyone know where to get this part for a better price? Also can anyone tell me what the rifle may be worth? Maybe it is worth putting $50 into to keep a nice little plinker. The gun is in decent condition overall for its age.
    Thanks,,,

Re: Stevens Marksman

Sorry, no idea for parts on that one.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

jlhog

Anyone else have suggestions?

Where did you get the price?

I once bought an extractor from an old man at a gun show for an old marlin bolt gun for 5 bucks. He had dozens of those little metal cabinets with the plastic drawers with all kind of little springs, extractors, ejectors you name it. I asked for what I needed and he went right to a drawer and pulled one out. You never know what you can find at a gun show.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

slumlord44

Try Wisner's obsolete gun parts. Worth anywhere from $50 to $450 depending on condition. $50 seems high for an extractor. Ebay and Gunbroker are other possibilities. Good gunsmith might be able to make one that would work. Actualy pretty solid gun as the boys rifles goes. Should be ok with standard velocity long rifles if the gun is solid and locks up tight. I would not use the high or hyper velocity ammo like CCI Stingers in this one. I have a .22, .25, and .32 rimfires. Neat plinkers. .22 is the most accurate.