Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: savage 111 TH XP 30-06 scope sight way off

emtrescue6

Quote Originally Posted by robert2286 View Post
    I personally dont use turrets... Not my favorite...and they can be pricey and for my purposes useless
    I also haven't found them useful...have 2 scopes with target turrets (a Swift and a Nikon) and wouldn't buy them again....wasted on me. I grew up on duplex reticles and learned holdover and self adjustment...tried, can't break 30 years of habits.

robert2286
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    I also haven't found them useful...have 2 scopes with target turrets (a Swift and a Nikon) and wouldn't buy them again....wasted on me. I grew up on duplex reticles and learned holdover and self adjustment...tried, can't break 30 years of habits.
    Yep! My buddies and i were shooting his 7 mag with his leupold... At some point he moved the turrets! We couldnt even hot the target! He forgot that he moved it 50 inches ...

Nandy
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2286 View Post
    Btw according to Nikon the scope that comes with these rifles are basically the buckmaster 3x9x40... I called them for turrets and caps and they said that it is basically the same scope...
    Do not get confused with the "basically" statement. I had my own fight with Nikon about it. I got my Nikon scope with a 10xp package and the scope broke in less than 25 shots and this was with a 22-250 gun. Not a real kicker. I sent it back and insisted on getting a real buckmaster back but they wouldn't. They told me the combo scopes and buckmaster scopes are not the same quality but I would get a qood working scope back. The guys I hunt with all they use is buckmasters And I yet to see one fail and they shoot 7 rem mag.

robert2286
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    Do not get confused with the "basically" statement. I had my own fight with Nikon about it. I got my Nikon scope with a 10xp package and the scope broke in less than 25 shots and this was with a 22-250 gun. Not a real kicker. I sent it back and insisted on getting a real buckmaster back but they wouldn't. They told me the combo scopes and buckmaster scopes are not the same quality but I would get a qood working scope back. The guys I hunt with all they use is buckmasters And I yet to see one fail and they shoot 7 rem mag.
    You know... One thing i did notice... I bought my combo at AAFES... Military installation and the nikon scope on it is not the same as the one that they have in Dicks ... Mine doesnt have the lock ring for the adjustments of eye relief... Also mine looks more streamline and didnt have the lens covers... Mine has work great... 80 shots of 30-06 with no issues... Perhaps i got lucky with mine... Knock on wood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12