Thread: 93F Feeding Problem

TooOldForThis

93F Feeding Problem

I just got a 93F .22 WMR this week and took it out twice, both times I had major feeding problems. It's either the bullet get stock during the feeding, or all the bullets are spraying out of the mag when pulling the action. Anyone else experienced this issue? Any quick fix? This is my first Savage rifle and so far, I'm not impressed.

shot2020
    I'm afraid you have stumbled onto one of the problems involved with the 93 22WMR. There are fixes but you need to search.

JD

Basic Member
    As for the bullets spraying out you may try squeezing the lips on the magazine together a little, I had the same problem with my 93 17 and that was what I did and it cured that issue.
    Handi204

shot2020
    as far as the feeding problem goes. most have had to slightly bend the magazine guide forward. it seems the guide allows to much play and allows the magazine to "wiggle", this causes the bullets to miss the chamber opening.

I have the same problem but have chosen to place a slight amount of pressure on the magazine during cycling. I have two 5 round magazines and one 10 round magazine and all require some coaxing to feed correctly. Since I shoot targets with this rifle, its not a big deal for me. Though not having to do this would be nice.

shoot safe

JD

Basic Member
    Mine seems to only like tipped bullets. HPs and Soft points don't feed worth a darn.

Tipped bullets feed and shoot without issue.

TooOldForThis
    Thanks for all the inputs. I ended up sending my rifle to a friend of a friend who is a gunsmith and he fixed the magazine for me. The mag had too much tension in it and he had to file and press the lips. All working good now. Well worth the $20!