I have never shot or owned a bolt action rifle so please take it easy on the flaming as I am trying to learn. I do have plenty of experience with semi-auto AR's and pistols.

I took my new rifle to the range and started the barrel break-in process but noticed that everything I shot was hard to extract. The bolt was hard to pull back to the point that I had to tug on it. I figured this is due to overpressure from the rounds but it did it with 2 different flavors of factory loaded ammo on every single round. I did have some hot loads that blew out the primers and I expected them to be hard to extract but they where no more difficult than the loads that only showed light flattening of the primers. I should mention that all rounds chambered smoothly with no hang-up or excessive pressure to lock the lugs and extraction of an unfired round was smooth as silk with no evidence of friction on the case or bullet.

When chambering the fired casings, they drop into the chamber and take a little force to lock the lugs. The casings with the blown primers take quite a bit more force to lock the lugs but I am able to lock them. Extraction of the fired cases are just as hard to extract as when I fired them.

I ended up stopping at 20 rounds through the pipe because the last 2 rounds had blown primers. I figured it would be better to stop and troubleshoot before going any further.

The rifle is a Savage 12 LRP 6.5 Creedmoor, the factory ammo is Hornady Match 6.5 Creedmoor 140 Grain A-Max and Hornady Match 6.5 Creedmoor 120 Grain A-Max. I was at an elevation of 3023ft in Tucson AZ with a mild day of 72 degrees, 16% Humidity and pressure at 29.99in. I loaned out my Crono so I have no idea as to the speed of the rounds.

I have attached some pics. The first is of the blown primer next to a slightly flattened primer. The next pics is a look at the norm that I was seeing from my cases. I also included two 100 yard targets with 3 groupings I did before I decided to stop. She is pretty accurate.

Any help on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

P.S.
It was the 140gr batch that blew the primers. As mentioned this is my first time firing a bolt action so I have nothing to compare my experience to.

Pic order; Blown primer from one of the hot loads next to a slightly flattened primer. The next photo is a good look at the norm that I was seeing after firing a round.

3 groups at 100 yards