Hi Guys: I'm getting whip-sawed by various sources. I'm trying figure out an issue with my Model 12, 1:12 twist 22-250. I just started reloading 36gr Barnes Varmint Grenade for ground squirrels in the NO LEAD California regions. They seem to be blowing up on me (3700fps)...at least only about 1 in 10 will actually hit the 14" paper target at 100 yards. My earlier ammo was Walmart's Remington 55gr, which at least hit the paper, but with only about a 1.40 MOA accuracy. But they have lead core, so they are a "no go" in Condor country.

The issue is this. Barnes is sending a different lot number of 36gr VG, and some 30gr pills to me as well. When I asked "what about some 50gr VG's, Barnes said they are too big for the 1:12 twist I have. Dilemma: the Remington 55gr shot at least OK, but both the JBM and Berger Stability Calculators give a stability factor UNDER 1.00 for 55gr bullets, which is a poor number. Yet I read all sorts of posts here talking about 55 grain bullets are shooting fine in their "1:12" twist rifles. Off the cuff thoughts I probably have enough of already, but any truly experienced input here would really be appreciated. I thank you in advance for any help.