Thread: help finding a 30 cal barrel for cheap

help finding a 30 cal barrel for cheap

I've got a lead on a stevens 200 at a super price. It's in 243, which I have no interest in, but savages are easy to rebarrel. I was going to grab one of the threaded 308 shaw barrels off midway for cheap, but they're discontinued. So I thought about 300 blackout, and those are discontinued as well. Anybody know of a source for a decent 308 or 300 aac or something barrel? There were some group buys for 300aac barrels a couple years ago, but nothing I can find current. The goal is to shoot low pressure/low recoil cast bullets, and a suppressor is in my future. I really want to keep the barrel under $200.

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by greyling View Post
    I've got a lead on a stevens 200 at a super price. It's in 243, which I have no interest in, but savages are easy to rebarrel. I was going to grab one of the threaded 308 shaw barrels off midway for cheap, but they're discontinued. So I thought about 300 blackout, and those are discontinued as well. Anybody know of a source for a decent 308 or 300 aac or something barrel? There were some group buys for 300aac barrels a couple years ago, but nothing I can find current. The goal is to shoot low pressure/low recoil cast bullets, and a suppressor is in my future. I really want to keep the barrel under $200.
    Join up as a paidmember, 15$. and go to the classified add we have. you should be able to remove your 243 barrel and trade it to someone for a 30 cal strait up in the savage shooters classifieds

And DONT buy a 300blk out. they are awesome in semis. but a 308 will do the exact same subsonically as a 300 blk in a bolt gun but still have way more power at supersonic. 8.2 gr trailboss and a 165 lazercast lead bullet have shot perfectly with a supressor for me. about 1025 fps and are short enough to stabilize

Basic Member
    Greyling....I sent you a pm.

Basic Member
    Apache Gun Works advertiser here sounds like a good deal and good guy. Less $ than high end target barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Apache Gun Works advertiser here sounds like a good deal and good guy. Less $ than high end target barrels.
    Jim (Apache) makes great barrels for a great price, and the 6WSM he built me rivals the "high end" target barrels I have for accuracy.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Jim is also building me a 22" Varmint weight 6x55 improved.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

well the dish washer went out, so no rifle for me after all. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greyling View Post
    the dish washer went out.
    Where did she go?
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

David_4
    Did your wife leave you? Sorry, couldn't help it.

11. 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
    Reason
    Dodging the bad word filter: next time = infraction

ouch. no, the dish washing machine broke yesterday, then my wife crushed the tip of her finger in a printing press today at school (she teaches art) When it rains it pours I guess. Maybe by the time I have money again there will be a larger selection of barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrex View Post
    deleted quote
    And some of us paid theirs to just leave......
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways