Thread: Left handed Model 11 nowhere to be found

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pixel5

Left handed Model 11 nowhere to be found

I joined this forum just to ask this question...how often does Savage make/send out new left handed stock? I'm looking specifically for the SKU: 19700.

I cannot find anyone who has this gun in stock. Anywhere.

On a related note...the youth version of it is in stock...aside from the 2" shorter barrel, what are the differences?

Basic Member
    I believe stock dimensions are smaller. You are thinking what I am thinking, though. Youth is a good source for lefty's and stocks often replaced by Boyd's or something similar anyhow. Also, I believe Savage is not going to be making lefty's for a while.

the Ranger
    2" shorter barrel also. if you find it you better jump on it, the lefthanders are hard to find. looked for awhile to find my 116 and it was the only LH savage around, aside from the Axis.

pixel5
    Just found this: http://www.savageshooters.com/archiv...p/t-16362.html

According to that, the stock on the youth is 1.75-1.875" shorter. However, the Savage youth model still has the same length of stock as the Ruger American standard (not compact). I've held my brothers Ruger american and it's not a bad length.

If length of barrel and stock are the only changes, that might not be a bad choice.

Basic Member
    cheaperthandirt has 19700

pixel5
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    cheaperthandirt has 19700
    They only have 7mm, and I would not buy from CTD under any circumstances after what they did following sandy hook.

Sold out
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/8-SAV-19700

I'd call Savage Customer Service and ask them where they've shipped that SKU, they should be able to hook you up with a distributor with stock. If not, there's one on Gb.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 02-26-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

pixel5
    Dang, well now that I know the differences between the youth and standard... I'd kinda rather have the youth model. I might buy that tonight. 20" sounds great, honestly.

Basic Member
    That skull is for 7's. Just fyi

Oops. .maybe not. Sorry

Give Jim at Northland Shooters Supply a call. He located one for me for my daughter (lefty shooter) when no one else had one.

Great guy, if he can't find one, they can't be found.

763-682-4296
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

pixel5
    Alright, I went ahead and ordered the youth model. $485 OTD. Should get it in 7-12 days.

emtrescue6
    As a lefty...I buy pretty much every reasonably priced left handed rifle I come across, regardless of make or caliber....LOL

Savage6x284
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    As a lefty...I buy pretty much every reasonably priced left handed rifle I come across, regardless of make or caliber....LOL
    Funny, I did that for many years until I came to the realization that I'd prefer less top quality, built to order lefty rifles than more compromised lefty rifles.

emtrescue6
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage6x284 View Post
    Funny, I did that for many years until I came to the realization that I'd prefer less top quality, built to order lefty rifles than more compromised lefty rifles.
    Oh I invest in both.....volume and quality....LOL (but I don't buy the really cheap stuff....)