Thread: 300 wsm

Basic Member

300 wsm

Took the 300 wsm to the range today. I shot 3 different factory loads. All were 180gr. Shot Winchester Power Points, Federal Fusion and Federal Power Shoks. The Power Points were by far the most accurate with the Fusions being the least accurate in my rifle.

It was far from a contolled scientific experiment. I let the rifle cool between loads but never cleaned the barrel.

There was another guy who was shooting tiny groups at 100yds with a 6.5 something or other. One was a 270 necked down to 6.5 and they were accurate. Anyway, he took 40 empty casings from me and is going to load them for me. I told him to make me something accurate that will take a hog easily as I will be scheduling a hog hunt this year. I would like to try something in the 150 and 165 grain range.

Any suggestions for bullets?
    Pre-accutrigger/accustock 16 fss 300 wsm.

300 wsm

I’ve noticed with those super hot guns, sometimes if it’s 1.5-2 inches at 100yds it will hold that all the way to 3-4 hundred yards. Pretty wild. I think it takes some yardage to stable up that fast bullet.
    I’ve seen it in a number of wsm and 7mm mag guns running 3300fps

With a 300wm you can hit a pig in the foot and kill it.
    I always recommend Sierra match king bullets.
    They just work and are east to load as far as they don’t mind some jump or free bore.
    A 300wsm is a big gun. My big gun experience is small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have that guy take your federal fusion and push the bullets in about .010"-.015". test again.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.