Thread: Hog hunter stock mods

Hog hunter stock mods

Hello all

Does anyone have any pics or can describe what they have done to stiffen the hog hunter plastic stock. I want to bed the action and stiffen the forend.

The_Agent_
    Check in the axis forums, they have the step by step on how to stiffen the stock

oh thank you

Jason161
    Buy a tacticool like me! I got my tacticoool a d accurate mag dBm sitting here waiting for my 308 hog hunter to get back from sss. Funny we both send the same actions, now I wanna hear about hours even sooner!
    I really like the stock, its solid a d looks and feels great. I got a custom LOP cut and going to bed it soon as I get my action back. Should be solid!

The_Agent_
    I'm going the same route, pick up either a tacticool or a tactical medalist and doing the DBM conversion

I went that route myself just did not put a DBM yet. You will be pleased with the tacticool I just wish I would have gotten the LOP shortened I got T-Rex arms

Jason161
    I got the stock shortened as well so when I add a better recoil pad, it will be the correct LOP.
    Question for you Sgtdww504, did you have to inlet the barrel channel to fit the barrel of the hog hunter in the tacticool??
    I know when ordering, I was not able to order the bull barrel channel IF i wanted the DBM inlet. If I went with the regular tacticool top bolt release for the hog hunter, without the DBM inlet, I was able to order the factory or the bull channel. So I went with the DBM inlet factory channel thinking I would just inlet it a bit more. However it sure seems like I might have to remove a bit from the barrel channel but I dont have my action right now as Fred at SSS has it, so I cannot tell.
    If you had the same situation, did you have to remove any from the barrel channel to have the hog hunter barrel free floating??

what do i have to do to put a metal trigger guard on the hog hunter stock. I got my order back from sss, and I got a stainless trigger guard but the plastic has a big step on the front of trigger guard and stainless doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jason161 View Post
    I got the stock shortened as well so when I add a better recoil pad, it will be the correct LOP.
    Question for you Sgtdww504, did you have to inlet the barrel channel to fit the barrel of the hog hunter in the tacticool??
    I know when ordering, I was not able to order the bull barrel channel IF i wanted the DBM inlet. If I went with the regular tacticool top bolt release for the hog hunter, without the DBM inlet, I was able to order the factory or the bull channel. So I went with the DBM inlet factory channel thinking I would just inlet it a bit more. However it sure seems like I might have to remove a bit from the barrel channel but I dont have my action right now as Fred at SSS has it, so I cannot tell.
    If you had the same situation, did you have to remove any from the barrel channel to have the hog hunter barrel free floating??
    On the tacticool no the Hog Hunter fit perfectly plenty of room for the barrel. I ordered mine from Boyd's with the varmint channel if memory serves me correctly.

Hog hunter stock mods

Quote Originally Posted by bushwackr View Post
    what do i have to do to put a metal trigger guard on the hog hunter stock. I got my order back from sss, and I got a stainless trigger guard but the plastic has a big step on the front of trigger guard and stainless doesnt
    On the factory stock? Best I can tell is it would need to be shimmed as the metal on is much thinner on the mounting points

yep on the factory plastic. I already have the solution. I used some clay and plugged the holes in the stock and the hole in the trigger guard. next i put a nice lather of kiwi show polish on the guard and made a little dam out of clay in the trigger guard pocket and mixed up some jb weld and just snugged up the back screw and that let the front float on the jb. So basically I just bedded the front of the trigger guard. Its curing now
    Last edited by bushwackr; 02-27-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: oopps sorry

Nice thinking post a pic when it cured

That's gotta take at least 1/2" off of your group size!
    Nice solution to that problem!!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

I was thinking if I do it on scope bases why not a trigger guard. I will post up some pics in the morning when its all set up.

I was thinking of using acra glass but I was figured jb would take the pinch better

Jason161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtdww504 View Post
    On the tacticool no the Hog Hunter fit perfectly plenty of room for the barrel. I ordered mine from Boyd's with the varmint channel if memory serves me correctly.
    See I don't get it, they wouldn't do a varmint or bull barrel channel for me unless I was ordering the tacticool without the dBm inlet. Since I'm converting to dBm and don't have a mill I wanted to order it with the dBm inlet already. My only option was a factory barrel channel, why I don't know. I'm sure I'm going to have to open mine up.,

Hog hunter stock mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jason161 View Post
    See I don't get it, they wouldn't do a varmint or bull barrel channel for me unless I was ordering the tacticool without the dBm inlet. Since I'm converting to dBm and don't have a mill I wanted to order it with the dBm inlet already. My only option was a factory barrel channel, why I don't know. I'm sure I'm going to have to open mine up.,
    Yes that will need opening. I kept the blind mag for now. When I get around to ordering my DBM I'll inlet the stock for it.

badmutha6
    I absolutely love the B&C Tactical Medalist on my 308 HH. I should be sending it off in the next week or 2 to CDI for the DBM metal. I literally can't wait.