Thread: Zeiss Conquest

ColColt

Zeiss Conquest

I'm looking at the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x or the Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x for a possible up and coming 6BR. I have a couple of Leupold scopes but never a Zeiss...comparable quality and either work well with a LVPR 6BR?

Personally I like the Zeiss for hunting. Match shooting, my choice is NightForce.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

ColColt
    I think the only reticle I could get use to with Nightforce is the CH1 for target shooting.

IHR is a reticle made by NF for hunting.

I love my NightForce NP-2DD reticle for any type of shooting. The 8x32 works for me.

http://nightforceoptics.com/reticles/
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

ColColt
    They have a smorgasbord of choices in reticles, make no mistake. Some are rather odd...at least to me. I think most will be out of my league, unfortunately. I've had too many cars over the years cheaper.

Vince
    I like Zeiss over Leupold any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Zeiss makes target scopes but those are far out of my price range, think Victory line of scopes. The Conquest and HD5 are designed for hunting which is what I do.

Basic Member
    The Conquest (I can't bring myself to call them a Zeiss) and Leupold are mid level scopes built to a price to compete against each other for the same market level.

Everyone has different eyes and 'perceptions'. I would highly recommend you look through both and pick the one that 'appears' best to you. Difference in quality will be negligible, however the broad consenses on the web (if it can be trusted) is the conquest leads by a nose for value.

Savage6x284
    I'd agree with Code4 in every respect.

The Conquest line were really really good scopes but in my mind a bit homely. Leupold makes some very sleek and beautiful scopes but they rested on their laurels a bit too much a few years ago. The latest generation Leupold scopes are fantastic and they're stepping up their game.
    This isn't the boat you're in but when I was last in the market for good quality scopes I chose the Leupold more often than not solely based upon their light weight. I don't however think I left much on the table optically.

ColColt
    I have three Leupolds and can tell you up front, the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20X I just mounted on my Sako .222 is far and away better from a quality standpoint and clarity than either of those Leupold scopes, one of them being a VX-3 6-18X. Got my tightest groups yet with this rifle/scope combination. No buyers remorse at all. I'm glad I went with the Zeiss.