This is gonna be long...so if you're bored easily...
I'm obsessed with Savage Rifles. Surprisingly for me, I'm also obsessed with .22LR caliber. "Well blow me down..!" as Popeye said when Olive gave him a Savage MKII Classic for his 100th birthday.

My .22LR is a MKII Classic, sporter barrel. Currently topped with a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire BDC 150. Love the scope but it may change as I've just ordered a Mueller 8-32x44 Target fine crosshair.

Anyway, as we all know there are many variables relative to accuracy concerning any caliber. Regarding ammo. for the .22LR, and subsequently accuracy, there seem to be two...OK maybe three or more "camps". As I see it some say 1- Buy Match ammo., period. 2- Measure and sort by rim thickness. .22LR headspaces off the rim so...And 3- Uniform the bullet / head for superior results. More uniform= more accuracy; more bearing surface=more accuracy etc. ADDITIONALLY other measurable variables are weight, C.O.A.L. etc.

SO I bought a Hornady L&L rim thickness measuring device. Simply clamps on to your caliper, has two "collets" one for .22LR, another for >22Mag. and .17 HMR.

THEN, I looked at three bullet re-formers / uniformers, hereafter referred to as "modifiers".

One is made by Paco Kelly; another made by Neal Waltz and the third made by "D Rock. All three are ingenious in their design. In case you don't know, allow me to provide a brief review and observation concerning all three, as well as my choice of modifier device and why.

Continued..