Thread: Savage Model 93 22 WMR

Savage Model 93 22 WMR

I finally put everything together on this firearm. I have a Claw sling, Leupold mounts and a Leupold VX-II 2-8x33mm.

I sighted it in with CCI Maxi-mag and tried some Hornady Varmint JHP.

I only had a chance to sight it in at 25 yards. I had forgotten my spotting scope. Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the accuracy in the bench and free handed.

outback andy
    Yea, nice to see one in good old wood, its going to be a good small game hunter..

Crockett
    Nice rig...looks good to go!

Hoghunter53
    Mine is a Synthetic stock but the darn thing is a Tack Driver..One of my most favorite guns to shoot ever...Just a little Sig CP1 on mine and it is deadly accurate...You will love shooting that gun!

wiredgeorge
    Just broke down and bought a 93G in 22 mag. Was kind of surprised at how hard I had to work to buy some ammo. I have owned both a Savage 93 (laminate w/thumbhole stock) and a CZ455 (laminate with thumbhole stock) in 17 HMR and no problems finding ammo at a reasonable price. Most of the 22 mag out there is $.45 to .75 a ROUND! In any case, I found it in stock at Midwest Shooters Supply for under $10 a box for V-Max 30 gr.

I bought the 93G from Bud's at UNDER $200 (wood stock, of course) with free shipping although they charge you $12 for insurance which seems a little high on a $200 rifle... Also bought a 10 rd. magazine. I will buy a Barska scope when I get a chance... I love these on rimfire rifles... current one is a 6-24x50 Colorado and even though I am old and don't have great vision, can see holes in paper easily at 100 yds (don't need no spotting scope!). This might not be a great hunting scope but serves well for target popping.

That's a great deal. I just ordered some gold dots for $20/box. I needed a decent supply since I have this rifle and an NAA 22 WMR revolver.

First post, first Savage...

Hi,

I, too, just bought a 93G, actually an L, from Buds. Total price delivered to my FFL will be $208. I already have a Winchester 9422M and two Ruger handguns that shoot 22WMR, and luckily I bought up a couple hundred rounds of ammo before supplies dried-up, so I've got enough for target shooting and even maybe a varmint or two. I bought the Savage primarily to give me a rifle whose barrel I can thread for a silencer, keep the front sight intact, and legally use it in PA as a hunting gun... I will never thread the 9422! I will also be adding a scope, I've had good luck with Simmons, and eventually a sling. But for right now it's going to be a target gun.

I'm looking forward to playing with it, and looking forward to reading about others experience with the gun up here on the forum.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA
    93GL, 1907