Thread: Fiber-Optic Sites

Hurryin Hoosier

Fiber-Optic Sites

Can fiber-optic front and rear sites (ala the Mark II FSS) be purchased and installed on a Mark II G? Or would I be better off dabbing on a little white paint with a tooth-pick? :-\

Basic Member

Re: Fiber-Optic Sites

certain fiber optic companies have and adapter to put in the dove tail, then attach the sights to the adapter. the front sights on the savage are a bear to get out.

i'd probably get (for the same or less $ than the fiber optics) brite sight paint, http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml
    works great, and all you need is a little. you'll have anough to last a lifetime.

if you go the paint way, i like to indent the rear sight alittle either with a punch (be carefull not to bend it to hell) or just touch it with a drill bit to give it a recessed area for the paint to sit in and stay protected. alittle clear paint over it works well to protect it also.
    a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses....

Hurryin Hoosier

Re: Fiber-Optic Sites

Quote Originally Posted by TOP PREDATOR
    certain fiber optic companies have and adapter to put in the dove tail, then attach the sights to the adapter. the front sights on the savage are a bear to get out.

i'd probably get (for the same or less $ than the fiber optics) brite sight paint, http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml
    works great, and all you need is a little. you'll have anough to last a lifetime.

if you go the paint way, i like to indent the rear sight alittle either with a punch (be carefull not to bend it to ****) or just touch it with a drill bit to give it a recessed area for the paint to sit in and stay protected. alittle clear paint over it works well to protect it also.
    Sounds like a good tip. Thanks!