I picked up an SS Axis rifle in .223 a couple of weeks ago. I installed the lighter trigger spring and ordered a camo laminate Prairie Hunter stock from Boyds. Boyds told me it would take 4-6 weeks. It arrived today, less than three weeks after ordering. Its a perfect fit, free float barrel and the magazine fits perfect too. It is a big improvement in looks for my eyes.

Unfortunately I have not shot the rifle yet because of the Pacific northwest weather has been so bad here over the last month or so. But with the snow melting this week and warmer weather on the way to eastern WA maybe I can get to the range by Wednesday. I bought this Axis XP because I had heard they were tack drivers. My new trigger spring is around 3 lbs but still a touch gritty, I hope a little range time will improve the smoothness. I added a Teflon grease to the sear, it made a slight improvement, but I think a little repeated friction will help the most. I will report on my range time. I am going to shoot a Fiocchi 50 VMax first for the break in. I have some PP 75gr SMKs I may have to try as well. I am hoping my order of American Eagle 50 Gr VMax gets here in time too.