Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 17 WSM Ammo instock

Basic Member

Well I scored again ! this time at a Walmart in South Carolina. 25 grain ammo 14.77 a box The guy behind the counter said, no limit and had not sold a box since they stocked them back in early march. At that price I bought 10 boxes. In the past, I had paid anywhere from 16.99- 18.99 a box so it was a good time to stock up.
    I know have a good stock of ammo and can shoot or hunt for a season or two.
    Its funny, not one Walmart I have ever been to in Georgia has even heard of the WSM ammo, then to find it by accident in a store in the middle of nowhere was truly LUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
    Its funny, not one Walmart I have ever been to in Georgia has even heard of the WSM ammo, then to find it by accident in a store in the middle of nowhere was truly LUCK !
    Same here in Florida.... Most have never heard of the round, and the one's that have tell me that "It's too new of a round for them to stock it"
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member
    I have not seen WSM ammo in KY for at least six months. I have some stored up but really want to get some more. I have a friend who wants to buy either HMR or WSM rifle this week and I am having a hard time recommending the WSM today since he cannot buy ammo anywhere. I would give him some but, what does he do when that runs out?? I keep hoping that CCI will duplicate the cartridge. My LGS owner says that he was getting some WSM every week or two, but that late last year it was as if Winchester just stopped making it.

Irish

Basic Member
    has dried up here also, have not even seen any 25gr at my local WM and they were getting it in every couple weekes

rona
    With all the problems with both the B-Mag and shells splitting maybe they are questioning continuing making the ammo. That would be a bummer.

Basic Member
    yes it would be a bummer considering now many $$$ I have in 2 rifles, stocks, scopes, etc.

Basic Member
    explain this to me, why does GB have some many people with the 17 WSM 20gr ammo for sale and none can be found for the rest of us looking for it?

bremereric
    You want some real bad. You can get 250 rounds for 250 bucks here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=413636387

bremereric
    I contacted Winchester today about the ammo.

Thank you for contacting Winchester Ammunition.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to providing you with the same high level of customer service and support you have come to expect from us.

Here is the initial question/comment you submitted to Winchester on 5/2/2014along with our response.

Question:
    Can you update me on the production of your new 17 WSM ammo. There are a lot of us loving it and the new SS B-Mag but we can't find the ammo. I understand it's a new caliber but any info you can get me on the availability of the ammo would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Answer:This product is very new and in high demand. You should begin to see an increase in the supply in the upcoming weeks.

Best Regards,

Technical Services Dept.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued Winchester customer.

Sincerely,

n4ue
    Gee, I'm another 2 rifle BMag owner and HOPE they don't quit production.
    I posted a note a while back when the 17 WSM first came out. I 'think' it was in American Rifleman where a Win spokesman commented that if the demand was there, they were contemplating additional calibers based on the nail gun round: 22 WSM and 25 WSM.
    Considering the problems with the first version of the rifle and defective ammo, I'll bet they are rethinking that 'opportunity'... ha ha

ron

happy with my SS rifle

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    I contacted Winchester today about the ammo.

Thank you for contacting Winchester Ammunition.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to providing you with the same high level of customer service and support you have come to expect from us.

Here is the initial question/comment you submitted to Winchester on 5/2/2014along with our response.

Question:
    Can you update me on the production of your new 17 WSM ammo. There are a lot of us loving it and the new SS B-Mag but we can't find the ammo. I understand it's a new caliber but any info you can get me on the availability of the ammo would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Answer:This product is very new and in high demand. You should begin to see an increase in the supply in the upcoming weeks.

Best Regards,

Technical Services Dept.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued Winchester customer.

Sincerely,
    I have tried to contact Winchester for 3 months about the same question and have never gotten any reply

Rainorshine
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    Gee, I'm another 2 rifle BMag owner and HOPE they don't quit production.
    I posted a note a while back when the 17 WSM first came out. I 'think' it was in American Rifleman where a Win spokesman commented that if the demand was there, they were contemplating additional calibers based on the nail gun round: 22 WSM and 25 WSM.
    Considering the problems with the first version of the rifle and defective ammo, I'll bet they are rethinking that 'opportunity'... ha ha

ron

happy with my SS rifle
    Found the nail gun and the nail gun ammo at the local lumberyard but the clerk couldn't tell me how the gun grouped.

Basic Member
    they only use the cartridge to make the ammo for the 17 WSM B-Mag, the nail gun has nothing to do with it
    the only "grouping" the nailgun and cartridge would do together is laying side by side in your tool box LOL

danjurista
    I've have found 5 boxes of 25 grain the past 2 weeks at Wal-Mart in northeast pa. Wilkes-Barre area. They only get the 25 grain, but its 14.77 a box . I guess I'm lucky to find any at all!

Rainorshine
    Lonewulf,

Yeh I know. Sorry for my poor attempt at humor. The only group I get out of my B Mag is when it's next to the ammo too, bu haven't been able to find ammo either!

Basic Member
    Did you really ask them how the ammo group with the nail gun lol
    I haven't seen any in a month either my local Walmart dried up

rona
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
    Did you really ask them how the ammo group with the nail gun lol
    I haven't seen any in a month either my local Walmart dried up
    No ammo on the shelves here either. I asked the place that had them last fall and he just shook his head. He claimed there should be a bunch by fall according to his supplier. He has a website that shows Win B-Mag ammo for sale from scalpers but inflated prices. Those people are buddies with the wholesalers and get first shot at it before the dealers.

Don't look like Midway has it yet...Status was "Coming Soon" but hey glad to see it is "Coming Soon" !! )
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member
    That is weird, 2 months ago the17 WSM Win 20gr Super-X JHP at Midway said it was discontinued

Basic Member
    I have not seen any 17 WSM at my local WM in 2 months, and they were getting the 25gr every couple weeks, have not seen the 20gr there since Jan
    Cabelas has not had it in a while either

Basic Member
    I cannot believe that auction went for $500 for 10 boxes, are they stupid? sorry if it was somebody on here :) the last 10 boxes I got my BIL bought for me at WM cost me $157.00 for the 25gr or am I stupid for not putting them up for sell?

rona
    Price gouging at its best. Anybody else notice USDA put out a add it wants X amount of fully automatic weapons? Makes you wonder why every one of the gov agencies are making their own armies?

sparky123321
    I have a bunch of .17 WSM ammo and I must admit I'm tempted at times to sell it off. $500 for 500 rounds! That's nuts! That's about what I pay for my .17 Fireball ammo and that's "real" center fire rifle ammo and it's reloadable. The only reason I bought my 2 Bmags in the first place was to have "something I couldn't reload". Might just sell off my two Bmags and ammo and buy another .17 Fireball.

Rainorshine
    At that price about five bucks/box in duds!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast