Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 17 WSM Ammo instock

rona

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
    Cabelas has had it a couple times in the last couple weeks, the 20 grainers
    I ordered a couple boxes last weekend . Started out at a reasonable price but when you add their shipping cost per box it is over 21.00 a box. You can only get one box at a time so you get clipped shipping double. Funny as both boxes were just delivered on the same UPS truck.

n4ue
    Probably going to get even more scarce since Gander's newest flyer is featuring the rifle. I can't even imagine going to Gander to buy a rifle and being told there is NO ammo. Maybe they have it 'reserved' for those that buy a rifle?
    Still not a warn feeling......

ron

rona
    Its a strange thing but the dealer I bought my original B-Mag from never could get ammo from the Winchester supplier. He told me he had 8 skinny barrels in the back room and people won't buy them first because of ammo then accuracy. He hasn't been able to get a SS heavy barrel in either. I returned my second skinny barrel there in April and called Savage to upgrade to the heavy barrel latest word was another 3 weeks. I told them to test fire it for accuracy before sending it and I guess if they reject the one that I was supposed to get my order goes to the bottom again. Meaning if I don't get one in 3 weeks I am going to start telling them I want my money back.
    Getting back to the ammo thing the second dealer I go to told me he was confident he was getting a ammo order in pretty soon. Last fall and winter he got two orders for B-Mag ammo in. He is where I got the ss heavy barrel from. I had returned my light barrel to another dealer in April and stopped by this place on the way home as he was taking it out of the box and bought it on the spot. He only has 3 B-Mag customers and only got the one ss barrel.
    Winchester bragged about the B-Mag being made from the blanks of tools for construction. I wonder of they have it protected so no other company can copy it? If the large conglomerate that bought Savage also owned Federal I would think Federal would produce that caliber if it could.
    Several stores used that policy of selling to the customers who bought the rifle from them. Kind of irritated me after driving over 100 miles to a store that I called to make sure they had it then after I get there they told me they were saving it for customers who bought the rifle from them. They could have told me that over the phone before I made the trip. Guess I won't be going through that door again.

Basic Member
    I feel for you Bro been lucky and caught it a few times at Cabelas the last couple times but I have $100 in 5 boxes myself
    the company that owns Savage now ( ATK) also owns CCI and federal so maybe it will open the makers up? :) heard from savage today on my replacement HB SS rifle and the famous 2-3 weeks is what I got

Basic Member
    I want more ammo but this is sad

http://shop.katactical.com/ProductDe...17w20&Click=36

they have sold 3 boxes in 3 days, about as bad as GB prices

I want more ammo but this is sad

http://shop.katactical.com/ProductDe...17w20&Click=36

they have sold 3 boxes in 3 days, about as bad as GB prices
    List Price: $64.95
    Our Price: $49.52

WOW!
    Jim

Basic Member
    Cabelas has some 25 grainers this morning, 1 box limit

Basic Member
    25 gr at cabelas right now again

rona
    25 gr at cabelas right now again
    Thanks for the info.

bremereric
    I scored some 25 grain yesterday.

rona
    Cabelas has B-Mag 25 grain on hand.

bremereric
    Got another box of 25 grain yesterday with a one box limit.

bremereric
    I have a pretty good stash now. I would have shot two boxes today but I have worked 7 days straight with five more to go.

kapt
    I emailed Winchester and got the following reply today - 8/25/2014

Question:
    What is the future of the 17 Super mag ammo? Will anyone else be making this ammo ?
    There is none to be had anywhere except scalpers trying to get $40 - $60 a box for it..

Answer:This product is very new and in high demand. You should begin to see an increase in the supply in the upcoming weeks.
    Best Regards,
    Winchester Technical Services Dept.

rona
    Seems I have heard the same story when asking how long it took to send back a different B-Mag from Savage.

bremereric
    Same old BS story they told me. Come on CCI and Horandy, help us out.

Basic Member
    same thing they told me a month ago

I heard the same 3 months back

kapt
    FROM HORNADY Re: 17 WSM Ammo- 8/20/14

Thank you for your email. No, we will not be making this ammunition. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Hornady Sales Team

bremereric
    I went to shoot some pistols at Carter's Country here in Houston and scored two more boxes of 25 grain. $16.98 a box.

jugchoke

Angry I believe they are just starting another production run.

Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    I went to shoot some pistols at Carter's Country here in Houston and scored two more boxes of 25 grain. $16.98 a box.

Hopefully they may have fixed the accuracy problem as well.
    Picked up some 25 grainers a few days ago and just missed a single box after waiting a hour at WM.
    I was number 4 in line, and number 2 got it!

Dollar short and a day late again!
    Oh well, still waiting on the rifle anyway.
    Maybe I will have to break down and buy the "B" gun after all.
    But I wanted something that would "shoot faster"!
    So still waiting.

I just scored a box of 20 grainers at the local chinamart today. This is the first box I've seen in months. $14.97 plus tax. Not too shabby.

Basic Member
    my WM redid their ammo case and there is no sticker for the ammo now Guess I have no reason what so ever to visit them anymore.

rona
    Ours would get some 22 and 9MM occasionally even some 22mag but when I asked about B-Mag they couldn't find any information about it and told me don't expect to see it here. I got a stepson looking in Bismark and Mandan. He will be getting back to me in a few days. I think he mentioned they had a Sheels and other big name stores there plus some smaller ones. He couldn't find 22 up there but I told him I would get some around here for him. Funny Cabala's did have them off and on long enough to get 3 boxes at one at a time. Kind of high priced that way.

Basic Member
    yea $21 a box shipped is a bit but less than GB :) only thing I am interested in is the 20 grainers, I have enough 25 for now. heck I never get time to go shoot any LOL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast