Thread: Boyd's Stock

COplains

Boyd's Stock

If, while looking all over, you found a stock at Boyd's, has the contor, shape, add-in and a color scheme that was a good as anyother seen, would you for go for it? The build will starting with a 110 long action, blind mag in 308. I've just started on getting parts but the Boyd's stock really stood out. The barrel is a step up from the std contour (sporter) so I'll let Boud's at time to place order, save me some fitting The other issue is, the action I am getting is long action but the blind mag for the 308 is a short mag. My feeling is I can fill the blind at the same time as bedding what little will need done. This will be a hunt/target arm when done.

Thanks for input/advies you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by COplains View Post
    If, while looking all over, you found a stock at Boyd's, has the contor, shape, add-in and a color scheme that was a good as anyother seen, would you for go for it?
    I guess I would, if I was in the market for a stock and I liked it.

The build will starting with a 110 long action, blind mag in 308. I've just started on getting parts but the Boyd's stock really stood out. The barrel is a step up from the std contour (sporter) so I'll let Boud's at time to place order, save me some fitting.
    Boyds won't customize the inlet for you - they're mass production, not semi-custom. You'll have to open the barrel channel up yourself and/or get one already inlet for a heavy (varmint) barrel.

The other issue is, the action I am getting is long action but the blind mag for the 308 is a short mag. My feeling is I can fill the blind at the same time as bedding what little will need done. This will be a hunt/target arm when done.
    Do yourself a favor and bed it so it can still accept a long-action magazine. The little bit of extra surface area you'll gain in filling the mag well isn't going to offer any additional benefit over a standard bedding job. This will let you still use the stock for a blind magazine or on a true long-action barreled action in the future should you ever want to. It will also make it easier to sell down the road if you ever decide to get rid of it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

COplains
    Thank you sir,,,just what I wanted to hear.