Thread: Current 7mm RM build

COplains

Current 7mm RM build

This is based on a 110G in 7mag. It was pretty rough in spots when I found it. The stock looked as if it had been used to pry boulders outta the ground. To date, all I've done with it is take off the factory finish, fix the various gouges and such, stain those areas and apply some nice satin poly coats. I'll take it down to bare wood eventually and really do a number on it. I'm a top notch wood type....every bit of wood furniture in the house I have either built or refinished from bare.

There is still much to do.....get the muzzle brake threaded, Timney will replace the Accutrigger and get the bedding done properly. The guy I got it from tried to do a bedding job and well,,,,,not so good. That's the reason the doughnut is on the barrel. I used to design instrumentation for the military so I'm quited good at evaluating vibration and harmonics and fixing it. Once I have the bedding mapped out the doughnut comes off. Anyway, it's been a lot of fun and the end result should be a very nice shooter with the recoil tamed. Oh yeah, in the stock, I put in a Graco 4" mercury recoil dampner, laid in to parrallel to the barrel about 1 1/2" below barrel centerline. It helps balance rifle quite well also. When its all pretty and I've a target to prove the accuracy I'll post another pic with all the specs.

buxman66
    Looks like a nice project,good luck w/it...post up progress pics if you think of it.