Thread: edge

schemi

edge

I am building a 338 edge. I am using a 338 neck sizer or a 338 RUM full length backed off. My question is can i use my headspace gauge to set my dies?

ctrout

Re: edge

Not sure but if you decide to try it, use lots of lube and go slow. I think that a headspace gauge in a sizing die could possibly be a bad combination. Might work though.

Basic Member

You might be better just buying the 338 edge dies.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

okie2

what brand rifle is it?
    if it is a savage size your case then set your head space to it then your die is right for your chamber.
    it is much easier to set the head space to your die than the other way around.

schemi

It is a savage build I am doing using a dual port and a McGowan barrel. I also have a factory 110 7mm rum that has way too much headspace. I have to back off my dies to get a better fit. Should the 7mm headspace be the same as the 300 and edge?

Skunce

I've used my head space go gauge on my 6BR dies to set them up. I think it works pretty good and don't see why it wouldn't work on the edge. The way that the head space gauge is made it should only touch at the base and the shoulder. I also use and recommend the Hornady case comparator tool to check how much the shoulder gets set back when resizing. I set my dies to bump the shoulder .001".