Thread: My Bmag

Crashbombs

My Bmag

Well I decided to post my Bmag. It's in pieces right now but I'll post the finished product later.

Anyway the real reason for posting this now is that I have a boyd's tacticool and like others it was hard to load the magazine. Well I came up with a fix that worked for me.

First I used a dremel to sand out the part of the mag-well on the stock where the top of the mag sits against.

I decided to do this because the factory stock worked fine so I figured the modification should be made to the new parts. Anyway with the action in the factory stock I noticed the action (where the bolt slides) and the mag-well were almost flushed. Well on my boyd's stock there was a considerable edge. So I sanded it down to flush. Now the mag sits properly and doesn't require a karate chop to seat all the way. Just a small left/right wiggle to get the mag catch to line up.

Next I noticed that where the forward action screw was the wood was a bit chewed up. So I dremeled it out a bit too. I did this because my lock washer was bent so I figured the action might not be sitting down all way or might be resting weird.

You might also notice I sanded out my barrel area so it would free float. It seemed like it was floating already but it was extremely tight on the left side. This might not have been a problem but like others my gun sits a bit to the left. This is not an action screw thing, it just sits left as soon as the action is pressed into the stock.

Anyway I'll post pictures of a finished product sometime.

sparky123321
    I was going to do some work on my Tactical as well, but think I'll just return it and give them some time to get it right.