I recently purchased an 11VT, and have a serious problem with it. I'll resending it back in for Savage to repair, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this:

I brought it home, installed my Larue mount, and my Vortex Viper with Warne Steel Rings. I bore sighted it with my Laserlyte, then headed to the range. When I got to the range, I placed my target out at the 25 yard line. Fired, and saw NOTHING on the paper. OK, so, I pulled the bolt, eyeballed the target and confirmed that the scope was indeed co-witnessing the bore picture. Hmmm...must have pulled it. Fired again. Again, no hole in the target, anywhere. I aimed dead center, between the two red zeroing targets and found my hole a foot to the right of where I had the scope pointed. This is odd. Remember, the scope IS co-witnessing the bore. The mount alignment is insignificant at this range, and a confirmed co-witness. So, I adjusted my reticule, and fired a nice 3 round group into the V ring.

I took the target to the 100 yard line and fired. Once again, nothing on paper. The guy next to me saw that my bullets were impacting a few feet to the Right. I took up the rest of the horizontal movement from the scope (it's got 60 MOA of horizontal adjustment) and it still was not on paper. So, I figured there may be something wrong with the scope. That was a couple weeks ago. I brought it home, and changed over to my 100 MOA Bushnell. I also installed the action into a Choate Tactical stock...not a tupperware fan.

Today, I hit the range again. Both scopes with me, and 40 rounds of fresh Hornady 53 grain factory loads. Once again, same ritual. Pulled the bolt, confirmed co-witness of scope and bore, shoot. Nothing on paper at 25 yards. I aimed all the way to the left side of the target and landed on paper on the right side of the target. About 2 feet off. I adjusted the scope to match, fired and was in the bull. FORTUNATELY, it has recently snowed. I could see my bullet impacting on the back stop of the range. It was impacting about 6 feet to the RIGHT of where it should have been Dead on at 25 yards, but about 6 feet off to the right at 100. The bullets have to be spinning off center. I also confirmed with a laser cartridge and a lazarlyte that the barrel is reasonably straight. My guess is that the rifling is bad, or the crown is distorting the tail of the bullet.

Any other guesses? I't s going back to Savage, so hopefully they'll tell me...but I've never seen this sort of thing.

Once again guys: It is NOT a mis-aligned scope mount or bent barrel. The bullet is moving in a sideways arc, to the Right. Almost like drop, but sideways. :)