Thread: Axis stainless availability?

sandmtnboy

Axis stainless availability?

Good Moring Folks! New member here, and thank you for having me. I have been considering a new stainless steel .223 rifle for some time to replace a Rem. 700 BDL Varmint Special in .243 that I recently sold for predator and varmint hunting. After careful thought and self debate, I decided I would buy the Axis stainless. I went to my local dealer to put a deposit on one only to discover it was not available. So, I put a deposit on an Axis stainless XP, although I will not need the factory scope, as I kept the 4-12x40mm Burris from my old rifle. Does anyone know if Savage intends to keep the Axis stainless in their line-up, or will it, like so many other fine rifles over the years, fall by the wayside? Have already sent a request for information to Savage Arms on their website and am awaiting a response. I was wondering if any of you all might know or have concerns along the same lines. Thanks for any and all replies.

O.

Basic Member
    last month Cabelas had the Axis SS on special for $279, i'm not sure if it had the scope or not. I would think Savage would continue with the SS line because of it's popularity.

Bruce

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    last month Cabelas had the Axis SS on special for $279, i'm not sure if it had the scope or not. I would think Savage would continue with the SS line because of it's popularity.

Bruce
    I just bought one of those, (should have got a couple more). No they don't come with scopes.

Basic Member
    Cabela's seems to be the place to find them. I picked up mine there for $249 just a little bit ago.

danjurista
    I got a 308 stainless awhile back, no package gun. I put a Boyds classic stock in forest camo on it. It sure looks better than the orginal stock.

Basic Member
    Think I'm going to find a 223rem stainless for my next build, but we'll see how picky I am when I get to it I like 6-7 months