Thread: Difference between axis and model 11 and 10s

donovansn585

Difference between axis and model 11 and 10s

So can someone please explain the difference between the axis series and all other savages as far as the action and the barrels. Why don't you see as many axis builds

ejk24
    Until recently there was no aftermarket support for the axis line up . Now you can get aftermarket stocks and I believe bolt handles for them . Also triggers are available .Small shank Savage barrels are interchangeable with the axis .The bolt and action are also different from the 110 style but are plenty sturdy to build off of .

donovansn585
    Thank you that's just what I was looking for

Dirtydeeds
    The savage axis is different in many ways to the big brother line ups.

The stock is more flimsy. Particularly around the fore end and the grip, it also feels slippery.
    The action bolts are in different positions (closer together) than the other guns (which seem to be a standard space apart) so you can't interchange stocks.
    The recoil lug is separate from the action on the axis, my 116 and 11 has them part bolted together as part of the action assembly.
    The safety has a lot more plastic on the action in that area vs my 116 and 11 which is alot more metal.
    The action is closed more on the axis with a smaller slit to reach your hand in to load rounds or clean etc, my 11 is way more open on top.
    The bolt is plain polished vs my 116 which is a bit more decorative and jeweled.

If you have the extra money go with the 10 or 11.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ejk24 View Post
    Until recently there was no aftermarket support for the axis line up . Now you can get aftermarket stocks and I believe bolt handles for them . Also triggers are available .Small shank Savage barrels are interchangeable with the axis .The bolt and action are also different from the 110 style but are plenty sturdy to build off of .
    Where do you "believe" they make bolt handles for them ?