Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paracord project pictures, ideas, videos how to

ShawneeB

paracord project pictures, ideas, videos how to

Here ya go brother paracordists and wannabparacordists. And even those of you can't tie your own shoes. Place to post what you made, how to etc. Pics are all over the place, maybe this can be a fun thread. Especially with the nasty weather and winter boredom.

I'll start with a project I am working on, shooting sticks. This was scrap ramin dowel, I have 36" sticks made with 45acp ends and nails sticking out when I get the right knot. I'm trying to work on a long 2 bight turks head for those but this is simple overhand knots. (like the first knot you learned on your shoes)

Next a couple slings. These are 42-45" long, about 1 1/2" wide, 1/4" thick. Soft, flexible, strong. It's a double run of "cobra knot" crossed over to join.

Duck, coyote call holders with a attachement for your truck key, whistle, whatever. Just tighten loops around your call. Also cobra know, antler accent.

For Snows Daughter, here are some bracelets in several different patterns. Cobra, jawbone, twisted snake etc... they are left of and next to the Key fobs on the bottom right. Some are plastic buckles, some metal, 1 is a turnbuckle (my fav style and wearing one)

ShawneeB
    Oh yea. You can use left over scraps too. The sunglasses with "retainer straps" Just a simple overhand knot on the stems. The part not showing well is 2 more overhand knots, the pieces are 2 cords and it becomes adjustable.

If your still bored, the heli is a Syma 107G. G for gryo. Fun, stable, durable. Got it from Amazon about $20. 2 channels so you can fly with a buddy at the same time and have heli wars. We fly over each other and blow the other guy down with rotor wash. Or collide :) Air turbulence from the heater vents will blow you all around and add excitement. They are IR so sunlight messes the signal.

Rupe
    Shawnee I'm not seeing any photo's? Is it just my phone?
    Rupe

ShawneeB
    Could be, or photobucket doing a repair maybe. I see them right now but they could be doing a repair and I see them cause they're cached.. Try again later, or clean cookies and cache in the phone if possible, I don't know if they do that.

mazda3gun
    I'm seeing them just fine.

Now, I'm gonna go home from 'work' and terrorize the lady and the pooches with my Helo's :)

Nice ideas Shawneeb. Here we go again on more cord and more projects.

Rupe
    Still no pics. :-(
    I can see them on the other thread. Oh drat!

Rupe

Basic Member
    I like the looks of those slings.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

ShawneeB
    Thanks men. I'm making 2 more slings. The 2nd one is more colorful than it appears in the pic. Next 2 will be colorful too. Long as they are broken up camo don't think colors matter. No neon pink like the bracelets though. I made those for Rupe to match his pink 22 Savage cub

ShawneeB
    OH, Madza. You got helis too? I had a Trex, a Hirobo gas job, a CP Blade, I crashed them good. I can fly the coaxial type like this one and the Blade CX models. I fly planes much better, easier! Cept real ones, I soloed a Cessna mess of times taking lessons, skert the heck outta myself.

ShawneeB
    I posted this elsewhere but will put it in the parathread for ease of locating. Both slings above were made by this vid. For a 45" sling, make the strands 35 feet ea. Mve vids to come on methods.

ShawneeB
    Next 3 vids specially for Snows Daughter, and Dad of course.

Basic "cobra" pattern bracelet. It's with buckle. They can be made loop and toggle. Toggle can be any knot, such as a diamond knot.

ShawneeB
    Jawbone pattern. I like this pattern. Some take a bit more cord, you'll figure it out. Cobra guidline, about 1 foot cord for each inch bracelet. That's total. Like if you want a 7" bracelet (6" wrist) you need 7 feet cord. It can be 3.5' and 3.5'spliced for different effect like this one, Splice is hidden abd "tight, tied in"

ShawneeB
    This one is "snake in the grass" or "twisted river" also cool.

mazda3gun
    I've just bought some cheap $40 ones. They're so foreign, the instructions read like a 3 year old wrote em lol! I don't even know the brand name. I picked up the hobby while travelling for work.

ShawneeB
    Ah heck. I did the "dragon claw" it's soft, thick, wide, way cool. It's by Mr Coop.

Maybe I'll have to make a vid how I do my neck lanyard call holders? The bracelets may not interest everyone but the knots are the key and these are some basics. You can "invent" from there. For instance my neck lanyard is basically cobra weave about 40 inches, they antler. Loops are easy and just spliced in.

ShawneeB
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    I've just bought some cheap $40 ones. They're so foreign, the instructions read like a 3 year old wrote em lol! I don't even know the brand name. I picked up the hobby while travelling for work.
    They have come along way. Now $40 buys a heck of a heli. The Syma line is cool, metal frames. They even got dual rotor Chinooks!

Rupe
    Shawnee! I thought you were going to keep quiet about my Pink thing. Eeerrrrgggghhhh! Just wait, pay back old man pay backs! :-)
    Last edited by Rupe; 02-06-2014 at 04:40 AM.

ShawneeB
    Oh yea, forgot about those paypacks. Not going to tell them about me wearing a tutu to the range are you?

Rupe
    No I won't tell them, but I will.show them the photo's! I'm a man of my word
    , ( but not above sharing) Next time I DO reccomend a loincloth in public!!!! :-D

Rupe

mazda3gun
    The helo's I've got have metal frames, about 6" rotor span, a tail rotor for forward and backward. Basic models since there is no strafe.

It was quieter to play with helicopter than a guitar in hotel rooms, even if it did occasionally run into the ceiling/windows, or myself and that crap HURTS!

When I get my Return in, I'm planning on buying a 1,000' spool and making a 75-100' rope out of 3 strands? for my BOB, just a simple braid. Or is there something else that's easy yet stronger? Then, the rest will wrapped around the pack's frame, knife sheaths, buttstock of my shotty, knife handles, anything and everything basically. I'll probably keep a 100' in my hunting poke too for on the fly blind building.

Rupe
    Using an avg. sling length, how many slings can be made from 1000' spool? Just avg length and say 1.5" wide.?

Rupe

mazda3gun
    I think he said he uses 35' for a sling. Provided you get an actual 1,000' spool, you can get 28.5 slings, I think...

Rupe
    Thanks Mazda! Don't think I need 35 slings

ShawneeB
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    The helo's I've got have metal frames, about 6" rotor span, a tail rotor for forward and backward. Basic models since there is no strafe.

It was quieter to play with helicopter than a guitar in hotel rooms, even if it did occasionally run into the ceiling/windows, or myself and that crap HURTS!

When I get my Return in, I'm planning on buying a 1,000' spool and making a 75-100' rope out of 3 strands? for my BOB, just a simple braid. Or is there something else that's easy yet stronger? Then, the rest will wrapped around the pack's frame, knife sheaths, buttstock of my shotty, knife handles, anything and everything basically. I'll probably keep a 100' in my hunting poke too for on the fly blind building.
    Paraplanet had 1000 foot spools on sale $44 Yes you can make rope. There is a device with 3 nails in a drill to twist or do it by hand. Para is 500# breaking strength but don't expect 550# per cord, think the number is 20% rated strength on any cord. There is nylon and poly para. I don't think there is stronger cord for it's size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast