Thread: Manners EH1

Luke45

Manners EH1

Ordered a Manners EH1 last week. they said i needed to send the action into them for fit. Will i still need to bed the stock?and they said lead time 16-18 weeks. are they pretty generous with their lead times or do you think it will be sooner?

Odindad
    Just ordered one myself . They did not say anything about sending action. You will still need to bed, unless you get them to bed it for you.(I THINK they will do that). From all my google-fu ,the wait time sounds accurate. I would call or email them. They have been very helpful with all my questions.

Basic Member
    If it is a standard action with no work done on it or parts swapped, you don't need to send it in. If you put a new recoil lug and oversized nut, for example, they'll want to play with it.

They pillar bedded mine, but I don't remember if they offer bedding as a service anymore. Tom might just be too busy, but it doesn't hurt to ask

The wait time is pretty dead on, as I just received my T4A about 4 months after it was ordered. Have them go ahead and install the pillars there and you should be good to go. They make nice stocks, let us know how you like the EH1, that is the stock I am looking at for a future build as well. The wait sucks, I just ordered a T5A as well, but I probably won't have the jack to finish that build before the stock gets here anyway.

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by shoalwater View Post
    The wait time is pretty dead on, as I just received my T4A about 4 months after it was ordered. Have them go ahead and install the pillars there and you should be good to go. They make nice stocks, let us know how you like the EH1, that is the stock I am looking at for a future build as well. The wait sucks, I just ordered a T5A as well, but I probably won't have the jack to finish that build before the stock gets here anyway.
    thanks i will definitly have them install the pillars! did you have to send your action in to them? and it is the last part i need for my build so it will definitly be a long wait, i may scalt the stock off one of my other guns in the mean time

I would recommend sending the barreled action to them. I ordered the same stock with the pillars installed. I got it after about 5 months and it did not fit. I sent it back and Tom took care of it and bedded it for free, but it took about another month. It's a great stock and I would deal with them again.

Basic Member
    I just talked to Tom Manners not too long ago...he said for Savages they would like the customer to send in barrel action since Savage offered so many different spacing sizes. This was when I was trying to get Manners to build me a stock for my Axis...Axis is a PITA, so I dropped that project.

Why not buy the chassis system? Then you wouldn't need to worry about bedding.