Thread: Savage .22 rimfire

Basic Member

Savage .22 rimfire

I have a dozen Savage rifles and not rimfire, I guess because I never care much for the magazine sticking out of the bottom like the marlins do. But I may have to get over that minor detail and buy one, Any suggestions?
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Basic Member
    sniper15545, I got a Mark II a couple of years ago, and have been very satisfied with it.http://www.gunblast.com/Savage-22s.htm

Hi Fellow Pennsylvanian! Sniper, there are a fairly wide selection of Savage 22s available, both new and on the used market. The typical question would be what is the intended use for the gun? I bought a lightly used MK II Classic in rich blued finish, 22" barrel (sporter) with an OEM thumbhole stock. Accutrigger equipped. The gun is VERY accurate; I consistently shoot groups that average low .3xxx at 50 yards (5 shot groups). I shot the R22 e-mail matches last year and have learned a lot about the gun...and me!

I'm not good at model designations, but I recently fondled...er...checked out a factory tactical type bolt action offering; 18" inch barrel I believe, threaded, medium heavy contour. I believe this would really be handy in the squirrel woods.

Just two of a myriad of offerings by our beloved Savage. There are substantial aftermarket goodies, including the Tacticool stock from Boyds. No, not as many as Ruger's 10-22, but having owned one of those (past-tense) and shot several friend's 10-22s, In My Not So Humble Opinion the 10-22 needs all those things to be viable; I've never seen a factory 10-22 that will shoot anywhere near a Savage .22 accuracy-wise.

I'm sure others will chime in when you state the intended use for the gun, etc.

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Also- check out this thread just a few posts away...ummmm-ummmm!

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-FV-SR-Project

I really believe with a little money, imagination, ingenuity and the help of the folks on this board, there is nothing one can't do / build using a Savage base gun! Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Basic Member
    Thanks guy's I have a custom 10-22, But I would like a medium heavy barrel for hunting and target shooting both. My 10-22 is strictly a target shooter As her in good ole PA we can't use a semi auto for hunting.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

fartsinpublic
    Mark II FVT (heavy barrel, not fluted,comes with peeps) to start.

Ditch stock for something nice from Boyd's...

add scope mount from EGW or DIP.

add Apachee Trigger.

add ammo.

enjoy!

Something like that has worked for me on my prior Mark II. Currently on an FV (no sights) build.