Thread: Sweet .22

Tantor

Sweet .22

So I've looked around the site and didn't see much about it or here it goes.
    I have a Savage mkII FV .22. I'm wanting to put a new scope on it for LR practice at 100-200 yards. I've heard and read some good things about the BSA sweet .22. Question is:
    Are these scopes good for the money and for what I'm wanting to use it for? If so, is the 3-9 the right choice at the ranges I'm going to be using it. If not, what other scopes should I possibly look at. Center Point? Bushnell? The low end vortex?

Basic Member
    None of my experiences with BSA scopes (3 of them in last couple of years; I just don't learn very fast!) has been good, so if it were me, I would step up a few bucks and get a Bushnell, Burris or the low end Vortex. I think you'll be a lot happier.

Basic Member
    I had the BSA sweet 22 and didn't like it. the parallax adjustment didn't seem to do anything. it held zero. It dialed to 150 yards fine but after that it would make clicks but the reticle stopped moving and bottomed out there even though the know would still spin and click. I tried a 25moa base on the 22 and it helped but i lost confidence in the scope.

I moved on to a Simmons 22mag AO. Better scope but again crappy turrets. Sold that for a bushnell 10x40 used on ebay.

If you can find it used for $150-200 the Bushnell 10x40 is amazing. Awesome turrets. Good power. I acutely saw my bullets in flight at 100yards the other day in the snow. Only complaint is no parallax adjustment so under 40yards the cross hair gets a little blurry.

Step up to the Nikon p-22 or p-223 if you want knobs and 3-9 power. never had one but played with one at the store and they seem awesome. i love that you can re-zero the turrets with out tools. just pull them up spin to zero and push down. .done..

So why didn't i buy the Nikon? well the price was the same as I found the Bushnell for and i'm a fan of fixed power. The reviews for the Bushnell are outstanding. The Bushnell has a simple mil-dot reticle just like my ss10x on my center-fire rifle. And got to go with what everyone says about the Bushnell being a beast.

If you want to go cheaper i would consider the Nikon Prostaff's. the new ones have nifty mini target turrets that can be rest to zero just like the p-22/p-223.

I have done a lot of looking and research looking for a scope for my "long range 22". if you have any questions please let me know.

Basic Member
    I think I got the only good one that BSA has ever built !! This comes up here a lot. I've had mine for a couple of years now on a S&W 15/22 and ran a couple thousand rounds through it. Shoot it out to over 300 yds. It has been good and a lot of fun to play with. I don't throw the gun around or drop it and I don't get crazy with twisting the nobs to strip them out. It's got over a hundred MOA's of elevation and I have never used all of them. The parallax works fine, 7 yds. to infinity. I just use mine to plink with and for $59 its been really good . If I was a serious 22 target shooter I would not be using this but just for plinking out to 300 or 400 its quite impressive. You do have to shoot where you can see your impacts though or its no fun.
    Side note: If you pay more than $60 its to much (Dicks has then always at this price or less).
    Last edited by chukarmandoo; 02-07-2014 at 01:32 PM.