Thread: 375 Ruger brass?

sdeeter19541

375 Ruger brass?

I bought a 116 brush hunter last summer. Bought a box of brass that was on the shelf at Cabelas.

Been on the prowl for more brass, just to squirrel away. I can't find it anywhere...I can find "basic" brass, but I need finished. Now I understand supply and demand, but 375 Ruger? Something as obscure as this I should at least find somewhere?

I backordered some from Midway...really don't expect it to show. I really don't want to order ammo...I like reloading my own. Unfortunately, it still seems Hornady is playing it close...not really seeing anyone else manufacturing brass.

I like the rifle, just wonder how long the brass will last. Its inpressive to shoot a Whitetail...

Basic Member
    Please define "finished" ?........Thanks....Jim

Looks like Powder Valley may have it also...

http://powdervalleyinc.com/

Under brass and Hornady.

Sorry, they only have the basic in stock right now.

sdeeter19541
    By finished...already necked, not their basic.

sdeeter19541
    I can find the basic all over, but none of the finished or necked brass.

Basic Member
    Interesting! I always learn something new here! ;-)).... 375Ruger cases that aren't 375? I wonder if this concept will catch on with other chambering's and cases???......Thanks-Jim

Basic Member

In a few weeks there will be some finished new 375 Ruger brass for sale.

sdeeter19541
    The "basic" is the straight case, pre-necking...I assume for custom stuff. I am not set up to neck brass, the reason the basic is not for me.

Its just wild to see...everyone had it four or five months ago, and now its non-existent. I was glad Cabelas had that one lowly box on the shelf.

Basic Member
    What does a guy need to do to take it from straight wall basic brass to make it ready to load brass?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

emtrescue6
    Never heard such a thing as "necked" or "finished" brass....I have a 375 Ruger, I better double check my brass!

Quote Originally Posted by FW Conch View Post
    Interesting! I always learn something new here! ;-)).... 375Ruger cases that aren't 375? I wonder if this concept will catch on with other chambering's and cases???......Thanks-Jim
    Actually Basic 30-06 brass has been around forever, and 308 is also available.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

That is what my new 50 cal wildcat the "50 Dislocator" is based off, 375 Ruger basic brass.

Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 03-03-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

sdeeter19541
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Never heard such a thing as "necked" or "finished" brass....I have a 375 Ruger, I better double check my brass!

If you start hunting for brass, there is "375 Ruger" and "375 Ruger Basic" available from Hornady. The basic brass will be a straight 375 Ruger case with no shoulder, looks like 444 Marlin brass.

I haven't located any since I started this thread a month ago...no word from MidWay about my backorder either. I have a box of 50 cases, might pick up some loaded 250gr Hornady or some of the 270gr hornady just to get brass.

emtrescue6
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeeter19541 View Post
    If you start hunting for brass, there is "375 Ruger" and "375 Ruger Basic" available from Hornady. The basic brass will be a straight 375 Ruger case with no shoulder, looks like 444 Marlin brass.

I haven't located any since I started this thread a month ago...no word from MidWay about my backorder either. I have a box of 50 cases, might pick up some loaded 250gr Hornady or some of the 270gr hornady just to get brass.
    Learn something new everyday....fortunately I have a pile of brass and have never shot the gun...hahahaha it was one of those "too good to pass up deals"...I honestly think the guy had no idea what he was doing...had the rifle a ton of brass, powder, primers, lead, press...a pile of stuff and then realized he didn't know what to do with it (was the only gun he had)...he never even shot it....I got all of it for the price of the press probably....oh well. Plus, it's right handed and yup...ima-lefty...so someday it will get traded off or sold....

sdeeter19541
    Well, got notification from Midway that my order of brass shipped. Disaster averted. Squirrel a box away for when they do away with it!