Thread: new owner of a lrp 6.5 creedmoor seeking advice

donniedee

new owner of a lrp 6.5 creedmoor seeking advice

hello guys, im getting ready to get my first savage rifle EVER it will be the lrp in 6.5 creedmoor to be used for long range target shooting.

ranges from 100yrds to over 1,000yrds, im looking for ALL THE ADVICE AND OPINIONS ON THIS RIFLE YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME.

like best 1pc 20 moa base...best rings best MILDOT SCOPE most accurate loads? thank yiu guys in advance

thomae
    Welcome to the forum.
    The members here have an amazing amount of collective corporate knowledge.
    That said, it is very difficult to know what the "best" is. Opinions differ and trust me, you will get lots of them.
    You should take what folks say (including me) with a reasonable grain of salt because ultimately, you will have to make the hard decisions yourself.

If you could break up your questions into separate categories, it would help you get more precise answers.

Questions on optics and mounts would be better received in the "Optics and Mounts" Section. You should do a search first as similar questions have been asked there before.

As far as ammo goes, please do a search "I would first try with a Google search using the following search criterion (or something similar): 6.5 Creedmore load site:savageshooters.com. If that does not yield an answer to your questions, then I would post your question in the "Ammo and Reloading: Standard Cartridges" section of the forum.

Please remember that what works in one rifle to produce one-hole groups may or may not work in your rifle, so even with other peoples' pet loads, you should work them up for your own rifle.

I like Ken Farrell rings and bases the best. His quality is second to none as is his customer service. I like Vortex scopes, I think they have the best mil based reticles out right now. Viper PST's are great, if your budget allows the Razor HD's are even better. As far as loads go, I've yet to find one that mine, my brothers, or my buddies doesn't shoot well. I personally like the Berger 140 Hybrids on top of H4350 lit by a Federal 210M primer, great out to 1150yds, furthest I've had a chance to shoot it so far. My buddy likes the 140 Amax's out of his and another buddy like the 129 Accubonds the best out of his. As mentioned, google load data, there is a ton of it out there. I use Hornady brass, because Nosler's was out yet when I bought mine, but I would use their brass as the Hornady brass sucks and you have to trim it all the time.