Thread: Unbelievable!!!

nathan2506

Unbelievable!!!

Got my first wolf today with new 111 fcns 25-06 at around 350 yards. The thing jumped, and spun around trying to bite at the hit it looked like, and am sure was dead in the air as it went down in a heap. Being there is a butt load of snow where I am at in Alberta, I went home to get a hand and a sled. When I returned, someone had already gone out with snow shoes and took the thing. Drug it right out to the road!!! Unbelievable. Just needed to vent a bit to someone

That sucks! Talk about your ultimate highs and low. Regardless of the thief great job of killing that wolf!

Basic Member
    does that mean you shot it from the road.... too bad you didn't have snow shoes in your vehicle....
    Forgive My Sins.... Jesus .... Save My Soul

nathan2506
    Yeah, off a oil lease road. It was running out in a pasture field, so I got out thinking it would get into the brush line, but it slowed to a walk before it got in to it so I let him have it over the hood of the truck. We are having a major problem with them right now. My parents have a farm here, and friday night there was one that was on their sidewalk in front of their house. Their neighbour woke up to a black and a blonde on taking her cats from her porch a few weeks ago. There is currently a bounty on them here.

Basic Member
    Wish there was a bounty here! I take that back. I should of said "I wish we could hunt them here! But I can go next door and shoot all I want (Idaho)!

Basic Member
    Someone probably watched you shoot and leave thought you didn't want it....pelts are worth some cash for sure cant do that kind of thing...you feel your pain Though it just ain't right!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limige View Post
    Someone probably watched you shoot and leave thought you didn't want it....pelts are worth some cash for sure cant do that kind of thing...you feel your pain Though it just ain't right!
    You almost gotta hope that was what happened. But just how many people in that area would shoot a wolf @ 300 yards and not want the pelt? Furthermore, at that distance from the road, you also gotta think they SAW him shoot it and did not put forth the effort to ask him, or they wouldn't have even known it was there to be had. If they were honest, they'd have sought him out and asked permission to take it. Nope, I think they saw an opportunity and stole the dang thing.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.