Thread: Stevens 200 center feed in 6mm BR will PTG detachable mag work

bionicbob

Stevens 200 center feed in 6mm BR will PTG detachable mag work

I have a Stevens 200 short center feed action that came in 7mm 08. I changed the barrel to a 26 in stainless varmint weight 6mm BR barrel. I have a Richards laminated prone single shot stock for it. I would like to know if a PTG stealth detach bottom metal will work with a AICS 10 round box mag with a 6mm BR. Any first hand experience would be great. I do not want to alter my stock or spend the money if it will not work Thanks in advance

Basic Member
    All I can say is good luck getting any info out of PTG. I love their stuff but getting any kind of decent customer support seems unlikely when it comes to the bottom metal. I have been trying for about four days now to get info. After asking very specifically including the part number and showing them I had an order they responded with yes we make those...FACE PALM. Followup communications ended up with " don't know" and zero desire to try and find out. They can't even tell me if the 3.850 length mags for 300WM by Accurate Mag will work in their long action set which is all I wanted to know. Don't get me wrong here they are super nice just not all that helpful. All that said they aren't shipping yet and all I could get was soon. They couldn't even get me any specs for their product. They do say it will fit savage factory DBM inlet (post from longrangehunting.com) so in your case you'll have to get an inlet cut or replace the stock then worry about getting 6BR to feed. From what I gather folks have had good luck adjusting the feed lips on the AICS 223 mags to get 6BR running.

bionicbob
    Thanks rino maybe i will save myself a headache and some money and just keep shooting it single shot Thanks

Basic Member
    Got a call from PTG today from Jessica that actually knew what she was talking about. It is too bad I spent four days getting nothing out of them before I was able to speak with her. I appreciated their call and this lady knew what the deal was for sure. Turns out their metal will not support the 3.850 mags for 300WM. They will only work with the standard length mags. Great to know of course and as I said I'm glad they were finally able to get some answers but they really gotta work on the customer service responses. I did express this to them and they acknowledged it would be handled differently in the future. At least they did follow through and I am able to let you all know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rinodods View Post
    All I can say is good luck getting any info out of PTG. I love their stuff but getting any kind of decent customer support seems unlikely when it comes to the bottom metal. I have been trying for about four days now to get info. After asking very specifically including the part number and showing them I had an order they responded with yes we make those...FACE PALM. Followup communications ended up with " don't know" and zero desire to try and find out. They can't even tell me if the 3.850 length mags for 300WM by Accurate Mag will work in their long action set which is all I wanted to know. Don't get me wrong here they are super nice just not all that helpful. All that said they aren't shipping yet and all I could get was soon. They couldn't even get me any specs for their product. They do say it will fit savage factory DBM inlet (post from longrangehunting.com) so in your case you'll have to get an inlet cut or replace the stock then worry about getting 6BR to feed. From what I gather folks have had good luck adjusting the feed lips on the AICS 223 mags to get 6BR running.

Try CDI in florida.They make really nice bottom metal for just about anything and their cutomer service is good.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Agreed. I've talked with them out there before. If bionicbob there ever went forward CDI would be a good place to go and he will inlet for you. Only charges like mabye $60-70 for that. For me I went with an accurate mag set that takes the 3.850 300WM mags. Plenty of room there even with my 215 bergers loaded long. Unfortunately my set came from brownells today missing the trigger guard and had a bunch of gouges in the metal in the bottom of the mag area. Thankfully they had one more set in stock and that ships tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    Try CDI in florida.They make really nice bottom metal for just about anything and their cutomer service is good.