Thread: Factory Wood Stock from Numrich

AggieMPH2005

Factory Wood Stock from Numrich

I have a Stevens 200, Long Action, Centerfeed with top bolt release that I want to restock on the cheap. It looks to me like buying a factory wood stock from Numrich is the quickest, cheapest way to get a stiff stock I can use my Turner sling with. My problem is I am unsure which stock number will fit. My serial number starts with a G, so can I assume that means this is the same rifle as a Savage 110 G series? When I use that to search for a stock though Numrich says it is a staggerfeed.

Thanks for helping a new guy out.

Enter your serial number here:
    https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    it will tell you what you have.
    the G in your serial number does not denote series. It's used to help determine year of manufacture.
    You need a Savage 110,111,112,114, or 116 stock, center feed.
    The 114 Classic has very nice wood.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 01-26-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

thomae
    Boyd's sells a number of stocks that will fit centerfeed long action Savage/Stevens rifles.

brasse
    I like the Boyds and Stocky's stocks.

But there is something really nice about the Numrich stocks, factory Savage at one third the price from Savage. I have seen at Numrich straight and Monte Carlo stocks, thumbhole and even laminated factory stocks.

You can also check eBay, there's lots of Savage stocks for sale there and some at really good prices.

Team Savage
    Since you have a Savage LA, the action hole spacing is the same for centerfeed and the old staggerfeed stocks. So you can make either style stock work with a Savage center feed. Just depends on if you want a DBM or blind magazine stock. The 114 American Classic with straight stock or MC cheek rest are american walnut with pressed checkering and plastic black ebony tip/grip cap. If the Numrich description says hardwood, then they are birch, beech or maple with a walnut stain. I would focus on finding a Savage 114 American Classic with DBM/HFP cut out. Numrich's selection is mostly discontinued Savage factory stocks.

AggieMPH2005
    Thanks everyone, now I am trying to narrow it down to a Hogue fully bedded stock or 114 straight comb stock. I will be shooting this with a Turner NM sling.