Thread: 17 Winchester Super Magnum 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (discontinued)????

Crockett

17 Winchester Super Magnum 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (discontinued)????

Was on midway's site and they have the Winchester Super-X Ammunition 17 Winchester Super Magnum 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point ammo listed as discontinued.

Could this be why no one has seen any of this yet?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/124...oint-box-of-50
    Last edited by Crockett; 01-22-2014 at 11:44 AM.

WOW I hope not.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    Look at your Bmag owners manual, page 25. I believe there is a chambering issue due to the shorter bullet over all length.
    Once we see some new rifles chambered for the 17WSM, we may see the HP ammo released.

Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
    Look at your Bmag owners manual, page 25. I believe there is a chambering issue due to the shorter bullet over all length.
    Once we see some new rifles chambered for the 17WSM, we may see the HP ammo released.
    you would think with just a little plastic tip missing it would chamber just fine, but why discontinue it if Winchester was offering a single shot rifle anyhow and with some semi autos already coming out.

Basic Member
    Maybe not discontinued, just not released at this time. If the 17WSM is a joint venture between Savage and Winchester it is in their best interest to hold off on the HP ammo if it could cause more problems. Just my 2 cents.
    In addition no one (those outside the editing gun world) has even seen or received a Winchester single shot. From what I understand only a few were made for the release of the 17 WSM. A guy on one of these forums has had one on order since it hit Winchesters web site, no gun yet. Time will tell.....I sure would like some.