Thread: BMag problems

Black Hog Down

BMag problems

Hello, new to the forum. I found it while searching for answers to problems I am having with my new BMag.

The biggest problem I have is that it won't c*ck when I close the bolt. 9 out of 10 times the bolt is easy to close and the gun will not fire. Eventually if I cycle the bolt enough times I can get it to c*ck.

On top of this, rounds in the magazine fail to sit up properly so they can be pushed into the chamber by the bolt. Every single one has to be "fiddled with" to get it positioned before closing the bolt.

Anyone else having these kind of problems?

Basic Member
    Unfortunately there are many issues with the Bmag. Call savage customer service and describe the issues. More then likely they will send a pick up tag so it can be returned for repair or replacement.
    I do know, you cannot cock the action with the safety on. The magazine may have a burr or something inside causing the problem.

Poor Shot
    I think I have one of those things, although I don't have the mag problem (yet). I have found that if I pull the bolt all the way back, as if to eject a shell, then just touch the Accutrigger with very little pressure I will feel and hear a little 'click' and feel the Accutrigger move forward a little. I close the bolt and the thing is cocked and ready to fire. Since I shoot left handed, this is just a minor problem for me. My other B.mag does not have this problem.

As for the magazine, it may be just a bad one. Savage 1-800-370-0708 sells them for $21+shipping but you have to call them to order it. Last time I looked they were still not listed in their 'store'.

And another thing: If there is anything like quality control at Savage, why wasn't this type of problem caught when they test fired the rifle? From the amount of powder residue in the barrels of both of mine when I got them, they were fired a lot before being shipped.
    Last edited by Poor Shot; 01-25-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Basic Member
    I had a similar issue. When I fired the rifle I immediately put it on SAFE then ejected & loaded closed the bolt. When putting it on SAFE before actually cocking the bolt it would not engage the sear. I believe this is NORMAL.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Black Hog Down
    Thanks for the replies. The rifle will not cock on safe or on fire. This was my first range day with it so I did not even mess with it much before the problem started. It is possible that I cycled it some with the safe on before range day. Not sure if that would break it.

Poor Shot
    Mine also will not cock whether on 'safe' or 'fire'. It only cocks when I do as I described in message #3 above. Mine other one does as described by plinkin in message #4.

Black Hog Down
    I just tried what was described above. Pulling back the bolt, pull the trigger, get the small click, then it will cock on next close.

Interesting.

Has anyone reported this to Savage? Is there a fix besides sending it back?

Thanks again for the help.

Basic Member
    This is the first I have heard of the cocking issue. I would call Savage.

Basic Member
    Another thing to try is this, adjust up the accu-trigger in small increments. With my 1st B.Mag I adjusted it down to a consistent 2# (not two hash tag LOL) and never had an issue. The new one (redesigned version) I can't get it below 2.25# reliably. I noticed that at times when attempting to get it that low the trigger spring wants to pop out and I think it disengages the sear. So turn it up a few clicks or a 1/4 turn at a time and see if it changes anything.

wtkshooter
    Problems will only get worse. This gun was jinxed from the start. Maybe the new company.

Poor Shot
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    Another thing to try is this, adjust up the accu-trigger in small increments. With my 1st B.Mag I adjusted it down to a consistent 2# (not two hash tag LOL) and never had an issue. The new one (redesigned version) I can't get it below 2.25# reliably. I noticed that at times when attempting to get it that low the trigger spring wants to pop out and I think it disengages the sear. So turn it up a few clicks or a 1/4 turn at a time and see if it changes anything.
    Tried this. Went from heaviest pull to lightest pull in small increments and back again and it made no difference in how it cocks.

Black Hog Down
    I called Savage. They sent me a UPS label for return. I told them that other people are having the issue but the guy I talked to had never heard of it.

I will report back after it is fixed.

wtkshooter
    Of coarse he has never heard of it. Sounds a lot like the White House liars.

Poor Shot
    After thinking about it, I decided I paid good money (but not too much) for this rifle and I want it to work. I called Savage and told the person what the problem was and she said to ship it back and they would fix it. I received a UPS mailing label by email and now have it boxed up and ready to go. Stay tuned for the rest of the story...........................

Basic Member
    They'll fix and/or replace it. It'll all be good.

sdmichael
    Same problem here. I called Savage and again they never heard of this problem. They gave me a number of a gun smith to phone here in Saskatchewan Canada. The man on the other end was very upset that Savage was still giving out his number as he retired 3 years ago. oh well, guess ill send it back to and get it fixed. Not really what I bargained for.